Did your parents teach you "if it's not nice don't say anything at all"?

Seems to me like a lot of parents aren't teaching their kids this anymore!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• mine sure did!! I teach it to my kids, they are nice to other people, just not their sibs :(
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 9:48 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Yes. And I believe I said this to my kids at least 2 times today. SIGH
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:52 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Yes they did and I taught my son the same thing. We are not perfect with it, but we try.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:58 PM on May. 22, 2010

• yes they did andi took that advice for the longest time, but there are occasions where being nice isnt enough, sometimes ppl need to be put in there place. im teachin my kids to try an be nice to others, but only to a point, if they are gettin used or pushed around they need to stand up for themselves
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:01 PM on May. 22, 2010

• My mother taught me to be kind with my words and if i couldnt state my opinion nicely and without hurting anyones feelings then i shouldnt even start to try. So yes in a sense she taught me that and i now teach my children the same. So far so good.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 10:13 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Of course I was taught this. I also have taught my children this lesson. My children know the meaning of "think of the other's feelings before you speak".
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 3:22 PM on May. 23, 2010