What is the best bottle for a colic baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In my opinion regardless the best bottle is the Playtex Drop In bottles. They are the only ones that actually get ALL of the air out. Just remember to use the slow flow nipples.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:09 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Not a bottle but, have you tried Similac Alimentum? My dd was diagnosed as Colic for the first three months of life. I later found out she acutally had reflux (mimicing most of the symptoms of colic) but it was quite obvious when the reflux started coming out of her nose. Anyways, within 24 hours of using the Alimentum it was like having a completely new baby.

Alimentum is expensive though, we go through WIC (women, infants and children) and get it free. Also "Hyland's Homeopathic Colic Tablets" really helped. And "gas relief drops" help.
    Anonymous

• the remedy that i used with my son was take him to a lady that does massages not like a massauer but a lady that does more than that, or his sister in law that used to rub some alcohol on his stomach until it was warm and it would make him go to sleep.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 10:58 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Playtex Vent Air drop Ins...but I can tell you that if it is true "colic" nothing will make it go away. It is so hard and heartwrenching. I have 3 kidsI have a 4 1/2 month old that had it for 3 1/2 months. Does it get worse in the early evening and last for hours? In my case, the only thing that helped was time! IWe tried every bottle, medicine for reflux from the Dr., Good Start formula,nutramigen formula, it is awful...I know! Our baby girl was colicy up until a month ago. It went away literally overnight. It is a developemental thing that they must grow out of. You will get through this, so will your baby :) Hang in there mama...take deep breaths and let baby cry it out. They will not die and you will not lose it I promise (although it may feel that way sometimes) It always gos away between 3-4 months. It will be gone overnight. You will have a happy smiling baby soon....and this too-shall pass.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 11:48 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Oh and do NOT try the alcohol thing..but I am sure you are smart enough to know that!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 11:49 PM on May. 22, 2010

• There are three bottles that I have noticed that help alot. Dr Browns, Playtex drop-ins, and Playtex VentAire. Also I agree that alimentum is a really great formula to use as well! It helped with both of my children!! Good luck though, I know how hard it is when your baby has colic!
    RobinE8

Answer by RobinE8 at 12:33 AM on May. 23, 2010

• i don't know about a bottle cuz I breastfed, but with my 3rd I would change his diaper, swaddle, turn on the vacumme and then rock him side to side..... I swear, any time we turned the vacumme on, he would stop crying and fall asleep.... we vacummed alot once we foudn that little trick out.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:14 AM on May. 23, 2010

• playtex vent air, and dr browns
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:14 PM on May. 23, 2010