Is it ok or not ?

I would like to send a list of "likes" wishing" list of presents in the invitation for my son's second B-day. Most of the time we do not get gift recipts and they are questionable items . would it be rude?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• most people actually prefer it. I know I do at least
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:33 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I think you should inform people of your child's gift wishes on if they ask. Otherwise, it makes it look like you're only giving the party in order to collect gifts. I'm having a 2nd b-day party for my daughter next month, and if people ask what she wants, I'm going to tell them she doesn't need any more toys (which is true).
    Anonymous

• meant to say ONLY if they ask
    Anonymous

• I send a 'suggestion' list for every birthday. I don't think it's tacky and most people appreciate that they don't have to guess what to get for a child they really don't know a lot about. I tell them clothing and shoe sizes and all the gifts I list are betwee$15 and $40 so they don't have to go broke getting a gift. I also tell them about her interests so if they want to 'wing it' they at least have an idea of what to get.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:51 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I think that would be okay. I know when I go to a party for a child, I have the hardest time trying to figure out what they need/want and what size to get...if its clothes.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:54 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I think that it's okay, I usually ask what the kids want when I'm invited to a child's party though. I would make the range from $5 up, especially if it's not all family. A lot of people are on tight budgets.....one year I had a friend who couldn't afford a gift, and she baked a batch of my son's favorite cookies, and gave him a cookie for each year old that he was. So, I would include some things that cost next to nothing.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:00 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I don't think it's a big deal to include clothing sizes, favorite colors, room theme, or favorite toy (like "he loves Hot Wheels and Thomas the train!). I think sending out an actual registry is a bit much, though. I always appreciate a little direction, though.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 11:13 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I just saw that on one of my friends facebook pages for her kid today lol. My first reaction was damn that is tacky... but I'm going to get something off the list anyway. *shrug*
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 11:15 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I think its great! Im making one for my daughters 3rd birthday. I have actually gone through the toys she got, they are GREAT! but she is too young for most of them, or she is just plain AFRAID of them. Bouncing Tigger, Elmo Live. I think they are awesome, but she screams her HEAD off and wont sleep in her room if they are in her room. Im also going to ask for savings bonds. I plan to tell everyone a list of cheap things and savings bonds, Honestly she is 2, she will not keep any of these toys for the rest of her life. plain and simple, why spend a fortune on toys when they could help put money away for her education?
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 1:32 AM on May. 23, 2010