3rd marriage ideas?

For those of you that are gonna say don't, please leave.

The rest, the reason I'm asking is that the first marriage, I was 18 and dumb. Had a full blown wedding and it lasted 1 year (he was into alcohol and drugs) no kids. Second marriage, we were together for 8 years (eloped) and when our DD started thinking that everytime we talked we were fighting, it was time to part ways for the sake of our child. This marriage will be the blending of 2 families (he has a son) so it's on a whole new playing field. I was thinking about a backyard ceremony...thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I am my dh's third wife and he is my second husband. We had an outdoor wedding at a local park where they had a pavilion we could rent for free. We had about 50 people attend and served simple food such as BBQ Pork, fried chicken, potato salad, baked beans, etc. I wore a simple white sundress and he wore khaki shorts and a white polo shirt. We are a blended family also, he has 3 kids, I have 1. It was simple, beautiful and a whole bunch of fun. After going through the whole huge wedding thing before, like you did, I had no desire to do that again. Backyard wedding sounds awesome! Play some bean bags, have a campfire, whatever, just have fun, fun, fun!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on May. 23, 2010

• I would do whatever YOU want for the wedding. What feels right to you? What kind of wedding do YOU want? There is no right or wrong, just what is best for YOU! Good luck and congratulations!
    Kharma25

Answer by Kharma25 at 11:22 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I think a backyard ceremony sounds very good. You could do something very nice, even elegant, but stay simple.
    Anonymous

• I like the backyard ceremony thing. We did that for my oldest dd and it was beautiful.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:29 PM on May. 22, 2010

• This is your third marriage/wedding....whatever you want to call it....I think a backyard ceremony or a justice of the peace would be fitting. Make sure your not wearing a white anything...
    Best of luck to you....hope it's lucky #3!
    Anonymous

• I'd probably do a big ceremony and reception ... doesn't matter what you had before. New hubby, new family, new life =BIG reason to celebrate :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:29 PM on May. 22, 2010

• You dont have to explain a thing here...have all the kids involved and best of luck to you!
    Anonymous

• well it kind os depends... like where you live, what month it is going to be ( how the weather will be) and the budget...

but a backyard wedding does sound very cute...

my brother and his fiance are planning a wedding too and just by doing a "wedding ideas" search on google I found tons and tons of sights with clever, cute ideas

Good luck
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:37 PM on May. 22, 2010

• IMO a backyard wedding sounds wonderful. Then you're at home, you can kick back after the ceremony and have a great party right there. Guests will be more comfortable being at your home, kids will be able to change and have fun after. I think it's an awesome idea. BTW, I did the same thing, not in our backyard, but we did have the party after at our home. It turned out so nice, and we could crawl in our own bed after and not have to drive anywhere. We also had some guests stay at our house, and that was fun for us and the kids.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:49 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I am the third wife and we did the whole wedding deal. We just didn't expect anyone else to help pay like they traditionally do. Even so, they did. Hey it's your wedding do what you want! Something that includes all the kids sounds fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on May. 23, 2010