2.- Re: Arizona SB 1070. Was this law created to "catch" illegal immigrants"?

Quoting a pp:
"an illegal IS a criminal even if they didnt steal or anything like that. coming here illegally is a felony.

if i commit a crime in my country of citizenship, and its a felony, i lose all my rights.

so why should an ILLEGAL think they should have rights here? "

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Their children should not be automatic citizens if born in the US in the first place. That right there would keep some from coming here. Thats a huge reason thes illegals come here knowing they can give their children a better life than they had all while our children are destined to a worse life than their parents had because of the cost (among other things) these illegals being in America thrusts upon us.
    I agree that we don't need any type of reform. The federal bill (and supreme court) have stated that no reason is needed for police to stop and require proof of citizenship. These people who whine about the Arizona bill should be thanking Arizona for putting restriction on Police. Of course what they are really objecting to is the fact this bill no matter how restrictive WILL BE ENFORCED.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Quoting another poster.

"I am not sure I am understanding the Q. Does it matter if the criminal is an illegal or a US citizen? What does that have to do with AZ sb1070? It make it more of a tragedy when the crime is committed by someone her illegally because if the Govt would DO it's JOB that person may not have been here to commit said crime in the first place. OR do you mean the consequences? If the illegal is found guilty vs a citizen found guilty? Should we keep the illegal in our jail? hmmmm...not sure. On one hand if you JUST deport (in the current environment) they will just walk right back...no one to STOP them. On the other hand if they are in our jails they are using up out resources too! I say for NOW in our jails...if they get ILLEGAL immigration under control...send em back (if we have some kind of agreement from their country...hmmm..gets dicey again...)"
    Anonymous

• oP here:
    "Re: Arizona SB 1070. Does it make any difference if a criminal is illegal immigrant or US citizen? "

This was my original question but i decided to switched to avoid misunderstandings
    Anonymous

• LOL...I was Quoted! Awesome! I dont know WHY people believe those here ILLEGALLY deserve our rights. I suppose it's because it's PC. But what THAT crowd doesn't understand is, we are PCing ourselves into mountainous debt and much danger.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:39 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Awesome! I dont know WHY people believe those here ILLEGALLY deserve our rights.

Because their children are Natural Born US Citizens.

I know this has nothing to do with why the law was created. The law was created to stop MEXICAN Drug Dealers.
    Anonymous

• Because their children are Natural Born US Citizens. --- then perhaps we need to inforce laws created to stop mexican drug dealers before those children are born.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:48 PM on May. 22, 2010

• haha i was quoted too!! !LOL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:57 PM on May. 22, 2010

Are you saying that EVERY illegal is a drug dealer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 23, 2010

• To me, it's pretty cut & dried. Illegals are, by being inside our borders, committing a crime. And being a criminal, as well as NOT a citizen, they have NO rights.

I have heard so many people, including the illegal immigrants, and Presidents Obama and Calderon, say that we need immigration reform. I disagree. I think we need to enforce our existing laws first, see how they work, where the weak points are, what needs to be beefed up or thinned down.

Sort of like -- I have a car, but I haven't driven it for 2 years. I don't know if it still runs or not, so I'll just go buy another one. From the outside, there is nothing wrong with the one I already own, but I don't know if there are any problems with the engine or the tranny and besides, I just don't feel like messing with an old car, so I will just get myself a NEW one! It's ABSURD!! Let's see what we really have, first, before we go changing it!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:09 AM on May. 23, 2010

• anon01...no, dipstick. my reference was to what the pp said concerning why the law was created..to use it as a means of catching/stopping illegal immigration. good lawd. if you make a law for one reason, and it coincidentally works for another illegal action (did you catch that?), then its all good. i in no way inferred what you stupidly questioned.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:14 AM on May. 23, 2010