Thinking of doing a tummy tuck surgery?? Any mom's here had done one??

I am 21 yr old I have two kids and I am thinking of doing a tummy tuck surgery,but I am very scared I don't know if it really looks fine after all and if it hurts a lot after the surgery any moms here had done it how was the experience??? Did you like what you see now?? I am very fustrated with my ugly belly.. Some Story or advice

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 11:33 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had one two years ago I am now in my 60's and I feel and look great, in your 20's your skin still has elasticity and it can go back to normal a lot easier with excercise. I did it because I had my last child at 40, and my skin just wouldn't go back, they took off ten pounds of extra skin, I am just sorry I didn't do it sooner! But you being so young I would try excercise and diet first before going under the knife, besides you might want to have more children and it would be a waste of your money.
    Right now the cost has gone down considerably, but if you decide to do it, don't go for the cheap price go for the best qualified doctor without looking at the money, your life is worth it.
    I live in Miami, and I paid around 10,000. for the tuck and some lipo, to me it was worth every penny!

Answer by older at 9:24 AM on May. 23, 2010

• My MIL had it done. Are you planning on having any more kids? I would def. not get it done until you 100% sure you don't want anymore kids. My MILs looks great. You can't even tell it was done by surgery. It all depends on the individual person though. Some ppl's body's react differently to things like that. And the surgeon is important too.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:38 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I personally have not had a tummy tuck but I did help my mother recover from hers. She had the classic "mother's apron" in front and had it removed. She is so gald she did it, 3 years later and she still looks fantastic. I have heard her say she wishes she would have done it earlier.

As far as pain goes, it looked painful. She said it felt like she had a c-section but no baby. She had to keep drainage tubes in and monitor fluid discharged. She was on some serious pain medication and was higher than a Georgia pine through most of the ruff stuff. She does have a scar. Pretty much from hip to hip. I don't know how much of an issue that will be for you. I bet if you asked her, she'd say that she'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I hope to have it done one day...got to drop a few lbs. first! Just do some research and talk a few doctors. Best of luck to you!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:40 PM on May. 22, 2010

• They had a woman on The Doctors tv show not long ago. They did one on her. She was shown before and about a month after and she looked great. I would love to do it but my insurance won't pay for it. I'm sure the pain is like any other invasive surgery.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:43 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Anyone know the average cost of a tummy tuck? Im 21 as well with two children. I was curious about getting one as well.
    RobinE8

Answer by RobinE8 at 1:56 AM on May. 23, 2010