fighting siblings

My children are 4 and 5 and they fight all the time it seems anymore. I know there are other parent's out there who's kids fight too. What are some tricks or tips you can share with me? I also have a 2 year old who copies her sister and they gang up on their brother. It really sucks. I have tried ignoring them and letting them work it out, but then it get's physical. I've intervened and it's driven me insane! Now I just try to keep them seperated as much as possible and it seems to help in them getting along when they are together. My parent's will take one or two kids at a time to give them time apart. My bil took ds today and played hockey and such with him. Dd was at a friends yesturday till almost bed time. Please tell me it won't be like this forever and there is a peaceful end in sight!!!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 11:45 PM on May. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wished I had some magic advice...I don't, I have 8 (4 teenagers and 4 under 8) and the younger group are always going at it and then ganging up on one. I feel your frustration and sadly have never come up with any fool proof plan.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:17 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Yeah, by the time they are teens, you just run to the bathroom and lock the door. Then put your i-pod on really loud. lol,,,,I would give them consequences, hell Im doing that still now and my kids are 17 and 15. Maybe its easier now, cause there is more for them to loose at this point. I take computer time, I take tv time. But still, there are still things that they enjoy that you can take away if they keep going at each other to the point of being physical.
    Anonymous

• they do have consequences for their actions, but I just feel exhausted telling them all the time. Some days it's all I seem to do!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:07 AM on May. 23, 2010

• How bout a sticker chart with stars for good behavior. Good weeks get good presents..heck how bout good days get good presents or good hours out of a day get good presents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on May. 23, 2010

• I only have one kid, but my brother and I used to fight constantly. When it got physical, he would sit us both on the couch and make us hold hands for 10 minutes, and if we went at it again or started arguing, the clock would restart. It helped us as kids, since we really didn't like each other, the forced together time was worse than any other punishment.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:12 PM on May. 23, 2010