Anyone have a blood clot before?

I have low protein S (a protein in the blood that keeps blood from clotting) and I see a specialist next week to get checked for blood clots. I get weird symptoms like numb extremities or blurry vision. My Dr. thinks I am fine-has anyone experienced any of these symptoms due to blood clots-also the protein S test came back as positive for genetic inherited condition.

flowermom76

Asked by flowermom76 at 11:58 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Health

• There are different types of clots, and some are more serious than others. Unfortunately some of the most serious clots can have no symptoms at all. My husband has been in intensive care twice with blood clots in his lungs and is not on Coumadin for the rest of his life. He didn't even have abnormal pressure in his chest when he had his blood clots. The first time he had a blood clot, he felt "funny" for about 5 minutes, then had a sharp pain in his chest and immediately passed out. Apparently the sharp pain was a clot passing through a valve in his heart. If there's a clot in one of the extremities, there can sometimes be a deep feeling of aching or pressure. Clots in the legs, for example, can be in one of two systems. The deep veins lead to the heart and a clot there is extremely serious. The other vessels lead away from the heart and aren't as serious. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing without tests.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:43 PM on May. 23, 2010