Are women the main cause of pollution?

We All Are Contributing to the Major Causes of Pollution. The clothing industry.

The textile and clothing industry has an impact on our environment At each of the six stages typically required to make a garment, the neĀ¬gative impacts on the environment are as numerous as they are varied. Spinning, weaving and industrial manufacture undermine air quality. Dyeing and printing consume vast amounts of water and chemicals, and release numerous volatile agents into the atmosphere that are particularly harmful to our health.

Why do we need so much pants, blouses, blazers, shoes, belts, purses, earrings, bracelets, etc. Do you need 30 pair of shoes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Health

• Cow and cars are the two biggest contributors. I use neither.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:42 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Dont look at me I wear a uniform to work everyday for the past 26 yrs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Maybe the textile industry should find a "greener" way to make clothes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 23, 2010

• That is funny considering today I was wearing my favorite shirt that I can only wear around the house because it is so full of holes. My hubby has a baseball shirt like that too. We don't have very many clothes at all. And everyone in the family has 2 pair of shoes, one for everyday and one for dress. We don't all live like they portray people on TV or magazines.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Cows are the largest cause of greenhouse gases.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 1:56 PM on May. 23, 2010