Flipflops

Am I the only person left on this planet who cant stand flip flops? I think they look sloppy, don't support good body mechanics, expose the feet to injury(just last week dd had part of a toe nail ripped of b/c she wore flipflops to school and someone stepped on her foot) and I've noticed people lose all ability to walk with grace when wearing them and just kind of shuffle along. My friends think I'm crazy I probably am lol but is there anyone else who just doesn't like them?

bandrplus2

Asked by bandrplus2 at 1:13 AM on May. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't really care for them, but wear them, on occasion. I was always the weirdo at the beach wearing sneakers and socks because I didn't want to wear flip flops. I took them off once we got to our spot, of course.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:11 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I am unsure if you are the only one but I swear by mine! Lol, you are correct in your observances. I don't allow my kids to wear them to school but they wear theres everywhere else.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:15 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Love mine and probably own too many of them lol, they are all very cute and I dont walk any different in them lol. However my DD is not allowed to wear them to school to me that is just not school attire, my children are not even allowed to wear them when riding bikes, going to playgrounds, or any other place that other shoes would be more appropriate for the activity they are doing.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:23 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Im in California, flip flop capital of the world! My kids school allows flip flops,, even though my kids have sneakers. So I brought in the tread mill last week, it has been in storage for a million years. So,, it finally made its way into the house last week. Guess what I caught my adult dd wearing on her feet as she started up the tread mill? Yep,,you got it, flip flops. Oh hell no!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on May. 23, 2010

• I personally can't wear them because I need more support. I think that in some cases some of them are cute. I did wear some at the beach last week, but that's the only place I wear them. My daughter, age 7, really likes them, but it's against the rules for kids at her school to wear flip flops or any open toe shoe at school. I agree with the shuffling thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on May. 23, 2010

• ****Guess what I caught my adult dd wearing on her feet as she started up the tread mill? Yep,,you got it, flip flops. Oh hell no!

I couldnt even imagine trying to run on the treadmill in flip flops! LOl I fell off one a few months back wearing sneakers there is no way i would where flip flops (long story short stupid mp3 player fell out of my pocket and i lost my footing while trying to catch it, really embarassing and felt really stupid lol). I run on that thing 5 days a week and you would be amazed how many people walk right by that sneakers only on equipment sign wearng sandals and water shoes and jump on a machine.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:33 AM on May. 23, 2010

• i have hidden most of her flipflops at this point * house rule is that if you don't pick your stuff up out of the living room/kitchen before bed mom throws it away ( which is code for hiding it in a big storage tote on the back porch)* she is allowed to wear them to school when I'm on duty and by school rules but on dad days she could slip by wearing a chicken suit and he wouldn't notice lol
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 1:53 AM on May. 23, 2010

• i meant is NOT allowed to wear them to school
    bandrplus2

• I absolutely love my flip-flops. It is one of the reasons I look forward to warm weather :)
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 2:08 AM on May. 23, 2010

• 1:23 AM on May. 23, 2010 by: 3_ring_circus_
    Love mine and probably own too many of them lol, they are all very cute and I dont walk any different in them lol. However my DD is not allowed to wear them to school to me that is just not school attire, my children are not even allowed to wear them when riding bikes, going to playgrounds, or any other place that other shoes would be more appropriate for the activity they are doing.

Smart decision. My friend lost her big toe due to riding her bike in flip flops.....her toe got caught in the spokes and OFF it went. She's no longer fond of wearing them these days...with her missing appendage and all!

I like flip flops, but only really around the house or pool or beach. I wear sandals a lot in the summer, but strappy pretty sandals. I don't go shopping or out to eat in flip flops ever.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:20 AM on May. 23, 2010