Drinking while pregnant?

I KNOW that drinking while pregnant is not a good thing, i have a friend, who is on her 2nd pregnancy. She just told everyone, she says she has known for awhile and has just been waiting for the right time to say something. But she has been drinking, heavily, partying. With her last pregnancy she told me she had stopped drinking, but i found out after that she drank alot through the whole thing. Her first baby came out fine, no FAS. but what about now? Do i bring up that she drank before and she should stop, will it stop her? Im worried for the safety of both mother and child because she is, well DUMB she drinks and drives too. She could kill them both after a night at the bar. She is a big girl and most wont notice she is preg til later in her pregnancy! Im so worried! I tried to talk to her about it today but she blew me off. How can i approach this without her freaking?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on May. 23, 2010 in Health

• You can't.. there is no way to politely tell someone to stop doing something/there wrong. Tell her to stop. Think of the baby, not your friend. She is being irresponcible. Call CSD if she doesnt change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on May. 23, 2010

• I told her that she needed to quit for the first baby, and she said she did and then went drinking alot. Im not her mom i dont live with her or anything. Im afraid because her first baby was okay that she will drink more with the second. I plan to talk to her tomorow, let her know whats up but i just KNOW she isnt going to do the right thing.
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 1:43 AM on May. 23, 2010

• I had a friend like this very very stupid girl. Everyone told her what she was doing was wrong but she never listened. But now she can drink all she wants because her baby got taken away because she had alcohol in her system.They do drug screenings at doctor appointments.if she is stupid enough to drink while pregnant and in danger her child she does not need it. I mean if she acts like that while pregnant imagine what kind of mother she is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Only thing you can do is call the cops when she drinks and gets behind the wheel, she will kill somebody else and end up fine. She is a selfish person who only takes her own needs and wants into consideration, so I would forget trying to change her but for the safety of others report her when she drives. Then pray her baby is ok
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:17 AM on May. 23, 2010

• alcohol has a cumulative effect on the fetus

Answer by rkoloms at 7:36 AM on May. 23, 2010