Problems with C-Section incision??

Im 25 days out from surgery and I have been having what I think is problems with my incision. It is really red, about a quarter size, on one side and has been bleeding some on the other side. Not to mention it still hurts like crap. I have been to my doctor twice and she barely looks at it and says its healing great. Oh, and Ive had some puss draining as well. This was my second c-section and I never had these problems with the first one. Is this normal to have happen or should I been concerned???

RobinE8

Asked by RobinE8 at 2:02 AM on May. 23, 2010 in Health

• That doesn't sound good if you have pus coming out of any spot on your body. That I believe is a sign of infection and your doctor should be very concerned about that, if not you should see another doctor and see what they say. I've had a c-section and mines was sore for a while, even a year or more later, but no discharges or redness and if this hasn't happened with your other c-section it shouldn't be happening now.Please get a second opinion.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 2:13 AM on May. 23, 2010

• I would think any discharge should be a concern especially 25 days past. Sounds to me like it's infected. If your Dr won't treat it, go to a different Dr. I've had one c-section, but by 25 days, I was pretty much all healed up. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on May. 23, 2010

• pus is never a good sign. healthy healing cuts and wounds generally do not ooze pus. I've never had a c-secition, but I can def tell you that you need to get a sec opionion. If your willing to try natural remedies, collodial silver clears up just about all cuts. My dh is a tyupe one diabetic and had a really bad ingrown hair that turned into a quarter sized infected welt on his knee, once i saw it (cuz hes a guy and it was just a cut *insert rolling eyes*) I started to apply collodial silver, within a week it was gone... but it scared me cuz it looked just like an ulcer, the the silver worked like it always does. I even use it on my cats, one got a horrible cut on her tail and it turned into an absess, we took her to the vet and they gave us some antibiotics, but we coudl not get her to hold still enough for us to apply it, so we just dumped collodial silver on it and it cleared up in less then a week.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:22 AM on May. 23, 2010

• I would go see another doctor. I had an emergency c-section and by 25 days I was fine everything was coming together no blood especially no pus.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 2:36 AM on May. 23, 2010

• I had this happend with mine and is is call a soroma and is not good or normal, they had to cut open the part and then my DH had to stuff guaze in it dailyt and flush it out. You need to go back to the doc or find one that isn't a moron this kind of thing can be deadly if left untreated.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:09 AM on May. 23, 2010

• I ripped part of mine open and had major drainage from mine, but that was after a week or so. The surgaen said it was normal. He popped another sitch in it and I was told to keep it dry. I think I washed it or rubbing alcoholed...I can't remember which. My incision took forever to heal. My doctor and the surgen didn't seem concerned at all. Even though I had to use a maxi pad to catch the drainage. Maybe get a 2nd opinion or make an appointment with your sugen
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 7:42 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Thanks you guys! I really thought it wasn't normal either. I think my doctor was just in a rush and wasn't interested in taking her time with me. She just prescribed me more pain meds and sent me out the door. I think I will be finding another doctor! Thanks for all of your advice!!
    RobinE8

Answer by RobinE8 at 10:35 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Go back and demand that something is not right!!! After my c-section I knew something was not right and I had a very bad lifethreatening infection and the doctor and everyone else kept saying, Oh you just had a c-section you not suppose to feel good, till the 10th day after surgery and I went into septic shock!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:27 PM on May. 23, 2010