would you get married if you were asked to sign a prenup?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on May. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• No
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Hell NO!!!! unless it said i get half of everything plus an extra 10%per child.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 2:58 AM on May. 23, 2010

• no
    whats mine is yours, whats yours is mine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on May. 23, 2010

• it depends, if he was rich before we met i would sign one that said i couldn't go after any of his previous earnings... but forget about me signing one that doesn't give me any of his earnings while we're together. if i'm with him for 10 years and we decide to split i think i am entitled to my share of that 10 years worth of earnings. especially if we have kids.
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 3:17 AM on May. 23, 2010

• No.. to me that is saying I really don't plan on staying with you till death do us part...OR that I don't trust you. OR both. Either way, being asked to sign a prenup... is saying your not worthy of all of me.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:48 AM on May. 23, 2010

• I do not think so....... UNLESS it was generous as hell for the kid(s) should the marriage fail. IE non negotiable medical dental vision coverage, no fighting for any more than reasonable joint custody, some alimony til I found a nice job, keeping our home, etc

I'd be awfully insulted though.... I don't think that would be true love. Just a pleasant arrangement
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:42 AM on May. 23, 2010

• depends on the situation. If he was very wealthy & it provided for the children in all the ways I'd want (medical, college, child support etc), gave me 1/2 if he cheated, & provided for me in the event of divorce then yes. If it was someone who was on the same financial ground, no. Unfortunatly as you get more $$$ it does become more about a buisness & making sure your $$$ is protected. You can't leave yourself open to the possibility that some girl or guy might only be marrying you for your $$$. There's alot of ppl out there who will do some very bad things for the right price, by limiting the amount of $$ they can get you have more of a chance of actually marrying for love. You don't know what ppl are truely thinking unless they tell you or show you & some ppl are really good @ acting!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:58 AM on May. 23, 2010

• prenups are SO important and no they don't say "i don't plan to stay with you". they say "if our marriage for some reason doesn't last then i will not try to take everything you have" i think those who sign a prenup are saying "i'm marrying you for you, not what you have"
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:59 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Yes I would sign one, marriage isn't about money or assests it is about love and people who ask for prenups have an emtional investment to their money as well they worked hard and shouldnt worry that, that is all that somebody wants from them.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:13 AM on May. 23, 2010

• This was something that we both wanted. 50% of all marriages end in divorce...

Answer by rkoloms at 7:27 AM on May. 23, 2010