do you NOT own a microwave?

if so, I'd love to hear why and how you do without on in todays society. It really fascinates me... I use mine all too often

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:39 AM on May. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• not convinced they are safe? that is crap. its been proven that they're completely safe

They break down the nutrients in the food and interact badly with some plastics. Safe is a very loosely defined term here. Officially, hamburger helper is "safe". Still doesn't mean you should eat it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:57 AM on May. 23, 2010

• ours came with our home. we have only used it to heat up a hot pack. we cook and re heat on the stove and in the oven. the food actually tastes better that way too! we do not use one for our food because we are not convinced that they are safe.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:48 AM on May. 23, 2010

• not convinced they are safe? that is crap. its been proven that they're completely safe, they've been around for over 30 years
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Ummmmm just because something has been used for over 30 years doesn't make it safe. There are many pesticides that have been in use for longer that aren't safe but still used!!! We have a microwave but I rarely ever use it, I think foods cooked in the toaster oven have more flavors than the microwave & I don't have to waste all the electricity of heating up the stove. The only thing it doesn't do is popcorn so we keep our microwave. I also don't like the idea of my food being heated up by reversing its polarity. Learn more: http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/howcook.html
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:31 AM on May. 23, 2010

• We don't own a microwave because we never have left overs. Why buy something we don't need?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on May. 23, 2010

• We don't have one either. We do everything in the oven or on the stove. We eat tons of cold veggies and no premade food. We even make popcorn in a pot on the stove. Tastes so much better. Also I'm not sure but haven't cancer, gallbladder problems in young people, depression rates, suicide rates, add, adhd, and bipolar diagnoses, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and so many other things drastically increased in the last 30 years? Nothing is safe, not even the little radioactive plastic boxes that cost 30 bucks at Walmart.
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 8:32 AM on May. 23, 2010

• We didn't have one for about a year because when we first moved into our apt we couldn't afford one. We have one now, sometimes I thaw things in it, or reheat things if it's a small amount. It just depends on how our day is going, some days we use it more then others.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:36 AM on May. 23, 2010

• We don't have one by choice. I don't think they are safe because of how many doctors and nurses I know that refuse to own one.. that speaks volumes to me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on May. 23, 2010

• I have one but i rarely use it. I can warm up anything on the stove just fine. It's sits up really high in my kitchen anyway & i hate using a stool to get to it, so i never use it really.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:02 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Mine broke, and I decided not to buy another. I used it mostly for heating things up and I have found it is just as easy using my stove. I still have the same amount of dishes to wash, etc., so the microwave really didn't do much. It didn't even save me time, as I have learned from not having one. You just have to multitask a bit more.

char944

Answer by char944 at 9:41 AM on May. 23, 2010