Do you know...

the difference between a homosexual person, a transgender person and an intersex person? Do you think that lack of knowledge of these people is what leads to the misconceptions of them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on May. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I know the difference and I doubt a misunderstanding of the differences is the reason.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:56 AM on May. 23, 2010

• If you mean the lack of understanding that its not a choice, then yes that does lead to the confusion and mis concept. if you mean by definition then no. i think people want to judge and fear whats not the "norm", very sad. if everyone could be openminded, thik of all the interesting people you would meet? think of all the new and wonderful, interesting things you could learn thru someone "different" if given a chance? I am just grateful that I don't have any hang ups on that topic. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:12 AM on May. 23, 2010

• I am aware of the definitions of those terms. I am sure that many are unaware of the differences, and lump them all together under one label.

29again

Answer by 29again at 9:30 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Misconceptions? Such as what? Do you havre some proof about Gays. Tramsgendered and intersex that we don't. It's not a misconception that you agree with or not these lifestyles. Nor does it really matter. Knowing the differences in these will not make a person agree with them any more than they do or do not. You either agree or you don't when it comes to things like this.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:16 AM on May. 23, 2010