Does this upset you?

For all of you out there in America and across the globe who have fought so hard to tackle the hideous enemy of our planet, namely carbon emissions, that bogus god you worship named "Climate Change" or "Global Warming", there is some really bad news that will be very painful for you to process. But it is my duty to pass it on to you anyway.

Are you sitting down?
Okay, here's the bombshell. The current volcanic eruption going on in Iceland, since it first started spewing volcanic ash a week ago, has, to this point, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet. Not only that, this single act of God has added emissions to the earth estimated to be 42 times more than can be corrected by the extreme human regulations proposed for annual reductions. cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on May. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It'smesteph11, I'll join you in that pathetic dance. My efforts have nothing to do with global warming, or trying to control either human emissions or Ma Nature's. I believe that it's right to try and give back at least as much as you take. I believe that I should live with nature rather than trying to control it. I've suspected for years that the whole GW farce was exactly that. When I went to school we actually studied the cycles the earth has always gone through.

It's arrogant to believe that we can control anything as mighty as the weather/temperature. The biggest influence on it is the ocean, and the best we can do with that is to stop dumping our fertilizers (lawn especially) and pesticides into it ~ and run when it gets angry. I worry far more about being taxed to death by pols looking for one more way to fleece us than weather patterns. Besides, I make a lousy sheep.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:25 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I know, I know.... (have a group hug)...it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up til midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, going on vacation to a city park instead of Yosemite, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your $1 light bulbs with $10 light bulbs ...well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just the past week.
    cont
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on May. 23, 2010

• The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in the past week has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And, those hundreds of thousands of American jobs you helped move to Asia with expensive emissions demands on businesses... you know, the ones that are creating even more emissions than when they were creating American jobs, well that must seem really worthwhile now.
    I'm so sorry. And I do wish that there was some kind of a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the brush fire season across the western U.S.A. will start in about two months and those fires will negate your efforts to reduce carbon emissions in our world for the next two years.
    But hey, At least Al Gore is Happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on May. 23, 2010

• this should be a journal as I am am not sure what type of responses you expect.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:18 AM on May. 23, 2010

• No actually we need to keep reserving and doing more conservation efforts! All this explosiveness on volcanic eruptions ALL OVER THE GLOBE mind you , not just there could have MORE TO DO WITH our destructive habits and I will be kind enough to make a nice list.................
    here goes...............
    Off shore and inland oil drilling, deep mining, nuclear explosives, area 51 bomb training, (mostly the type used at hiroshima, nagasaki, anything deep water probing miles deep into the crust, anything that loosens the crust and disturbs, disrupts, messes with, and trashes this gift of clean, free, limitless earth that our creator made especially for us to inhabit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on May. 23, 2010

• How about the above response, is that the one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on May. 23, 2010

• yay! so we can go back to being pathetic!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on May. 23, 2010

• in addition, anything we put out in space, things that are radioactive, nuclear subs, nuclear powered anything, generators, plants, anything cell phone related with a battery, or nickel cadmium, they are mined substances, that is probing and destroying our crust, and any resources we've raped and ravaged and scoured from the time we know what a dump truck was, yes...........
    we CANNOT BLAME ALIENS FOR THIS>
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on May. 23, 2010

• So you are totally cool with added to pollution because things like this will happen anyway? I'm glad we are trying to do something. Not every effort we have will work. Sometimes it is the thought that counts and it's good we are trying. I'm happy for you and your aquanet hairspray! You have truely shown your stubborn and laziness has paid off! Way to show that Al Gore!! Congrats!!!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:28 AM on May. 23, 2010

here goes...............

***
    PERFECT use of the ANON button! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:30 AM on May. 23, 2010