Can you be a mom and still be a part time nanny?

I need to find a job since my hubby has lost his job and can't find one so one of has to find one . If I find one HE can go back to school online. Anyway I have been a SAHM for over 3 years (when my 3 year old was born) and so it's been awhile since working.
I filled out to be a nanny/mommy helper part time .
I was just wondering can I handle being a nanny AND coming home and being a mommy??? Yes it's $$ coming in but I feel like I might start neglating MY kids for other kids since they would be my job.

I LOVE being a mommy I LOVE my girls they are my life I just don't want to ruin anything ....

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 10:39 AM on May. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes you can be a nanny and a mom. The new family may even let you bring your children while you watch theirs. It isn't difficult to work part time and still hold up your end of the bargain at home. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:42 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Will you get to bring your kids with you? It might be nice for them to have friends to play with while your working. I have a friend who does that - she has a 4 yr old and she watches a 3 yr old and an infant a few days a week, and brings her son when he's not in preschool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on May. 23, 2010

• It can be anywhere from part time to full time really .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:53 AM on May. 23, 2010

• When I became a single mother I would care for rich people's kids in their home (nanny) and take my kids with me. I would make huge amounts of money because of my parenting skills. I would usually take jobs that had a time limit or I would set a time limit so I wouldn't start to feel burned out with one family.

Your husband can work and take online classes. He will be able to get a lot of financial aid and if he goes to a state college it shouldn't cost much. I have 2 sons in college and their tuition is $700 a semester for full time. One goes only online.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:03 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Gailll- We decided that if I can find a job that pays decent that HE would stay home and just watch the girls and go to school online. It will only take about 6 months for him to complete then once he is out and gets his job ( that is 90% garenteed) I will quit working and stay home again because we will be able to afford me to stay home then.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:35 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I'm a part-time nanny. :-)
    Ds comes with me. I was a nanny before ds was born and when I was pregnant, they told me that I could bring him with. He's 5 now and still comes with me. It's just 3 days a week after school for a couple hours each day, occasional Saturday evenings (ds stays home with dh then), and I'm usually flexible and willing to come in when the kids are home for snow days, sick days, etc. The kids are older now (18, 12, 8), so I'm really just there to hang with the younger 2 kids and drive them around. The beauty of it is that I've never had to leave ds, I still make close to $17/hr. after taxes are taken out, and they are paying into my social security, etc. I don't have a college degree yet, so there's really no other jobs I could do to make that much and still be with ds. If I worked retail or something, I'd make half that and still have to pay for a sitter. So for me, the nanny thing works!
    Anonymous

• good question! i was wondering the same as I am now a single mother just waiting on the final divorce papers..I havent worked either since before my 3yr old as well...
    MCKsmomma

Answer by MCKsmomma at 10:44 PM on May. 24, 2010