temperature?

How high can your temp typically rise after ovulation? Does it stay higher than normal if you conceived? My normal temp is usually around 98.2 and the past 2 days it is 89.8-99.0. I know taken orally that is not considered a fever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't think it's necessarily supposed to get higher because you conceived... it's just supposed to stay higher, longer. I think, unfortunately, your first sign of conception, when you're reading the chart, still comes when your period is due. I remember the day my period was due I noticed that my temp was still up, rather than dropping again, and I tested and sure enough was pregnant. Good luck.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 5:21 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Your waking temp has nothing to do with your cycle. The only way you can use temp to determine whether you've ovulated or your luteal phase is longer than normal (= pregnant) is if you're charting your basal body temp. Your BBT, taken every morning right when you wake up and before you get out of bed, usually goes up by about half a degree starting the day after you ovulate and remains higher until your next period starts (or longer if conception occurs). But regardless of what your BBT is at any point in your cycle, your waking temp stays about the same. For instance, my BBT goes from about 96.4 to 97.2 depending on whether I've ovulated, but my waking temp is always about 98.6. If your waking temp is higher than normal, all that indicates is that you may be overheated or fighting off a virus or something.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:31 PM on May. 24, 2010