For Christian Women: Do you think America has gotten away from God and the Christian values our Country was founded on?

Scarletto691

Asked by Scarletto691 at 11:17 AM on May. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• America wasn't founded on Christian Values... So no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 23, 2010

• http://www.scribd.com/doc/26169/Top-5-myths-about-america

I agree with anon!

Answer by older at 11:22 AM on May. 23, 2010

• This country was actually founded on Deism and Freemasonry. I do notice the overall moral decline, but it is to be expected in this evil world.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:25 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Absolutely!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:28 AM on May. 23, 2010

• I agree with anon and Lexylex. There is a decline in morals and values, but I don't think that's related to religion. I think that's the result of parents not actually parenting their children, and the kids grow up never having learned right from wrong, and having an incredible sense of entitlement that leads them to do things that are wrong.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:30 AM on May. 23, 2010

• This country was never and will never be a Christian country. It wasn't meant to be, in fact it was only started because the pilgrims wanted an escape from the real Christian church... This country and the world, it doing exactly like it has always done. Nothing has changed at all... It never will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Thank you LoriKeet! I agree! Yes, our Country was founded on God and The Bible!!! I did not say religion! There is a difference! Christianity is FAITH in GOD and Jesus!!!! Our world needs to repent and turn back to God, as things would go so much better! We r a sinful Nation and God will forgive those who truly ask and believe in their hearts! I am proud to be a Christian and would rather lose my life than lose my soul!

Scarletto691

Answer by Scarletto691 at 11:42 AM on May. 23, 2010

• It wasn't founded on God or the Bible.... Under God was ADDED into the pledge, and should be removed. There is no official religion in the US, and the country was founded because no one wanted to pay taxes. Not because of religion, saying it's based on Christianity goes against the "freedom of religion" ammendment.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:53 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Yeah, Benjamin Franklin stated "I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies." America was never never ever meant to be a Christian country. It was not founded on the Bible or God. Most of our ancestors (the first pilgrims) were criminals who wanted to escape persecution from England. Next you're going to tell me that there were no free Africans before slavery!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:59 AM on May. 23, 2010

• What values and since when? In the 60s there was free love, open marriages, orgies, rampant drug use, and the list goes on.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:15 PM on May. 23, 2010