what did you do for your wedding?

Did you have a expensive wedding or did you go to court and get it done. Tell me all about your wedding, girls. I'm getting married tommorow and I am super excited and nervous. I want to hear all of you guys wedding stories.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on May. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Did it cheap. Went to the court house and got married. Have been married 21 years. Remember, how much you spend on your wedding is not going to make your marriage better or worse.

Answer by louise2 at 11:35 AM on May. 23, 2010

• 200 guests, big dress - and I mean BIG dress, I was 6mos pregnant - It was far from the big wedding of my dreams, but it served it's purpose! I would have went much bigger if I could have. We had the mayor there to do the ceremony... In total it ran about $6K...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:35 AM on May. 23, 2010

• We went in May of '03 to the courthouse so I could add him to my car insurance and save the $500 he was paying to put towards the wedding, which we had in September of '03. It was a small wedding, just rented the community center, it only cost $50, and that was a deposit, when we turned in the key, they checked that we cleaned and ripped the check. I got my dress for about $250-300 or so, it was the only expensive thing. I had my bridesmaids wear a purple dress that I got them, just a simple purple tank dress, and go barefoot with purple toes. The groomsmen wore black pants, black button up shirts, and purple ties. We wrote the music we wanted on paper, sorted the cd's, and had my brother's friend play them. Since we were already married, my husband's brother "performed" the ceremony, and no one even knew the difference. My mom took pictures and my step dad recorded it. It was very small, laid back, and SO fun!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:43 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Me and my husband aren't traditional so we did a Weddingmoon @ Sandals in St.Lucia. We departed on his bday,and stayed a week. It was so relaxing,and less stressful than planning a wedding. It was the best of both worlds because we had the wedding and the honeymoon.
    amirsmomi

Answer by amirsmomi at 11:44 AM on May. 23, 2010

• All out in Vegas.... top of the stratosphere is lovely at 3am! Our marriage was planned by us and a surprise to the family, who was thrilled and super supportive (much to BOTH our shock!) our 1st baby was born 10/30 the year following our 12/11 wedding... ALMOST a honeymoon baby. 1st grandkiddo on both sides and the family was ecstatic.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:48 AM on May. 23, 2010

• We got married in a church, then had a reception at a reception hall. We had a day-time wedding. We kept it exclusive, with only about 40 people. It was fairly expensive, but my dad paid for it, lol. My colors were white and a mix between olive and mint green. We had a 3 tier ,gorgeous cake. For food, we had a roast beef and salmon with about 5 side options, plus salad. Hmmm...what else? Oh, our first dance song was "These arms of mine" by Otis Redding. For our wedding night, we stayed in a suite at the Omni, top floor..it was gorgeous. That night, we had lobster. Those are all the main parts of the day, lol. Overall, it was great. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:02 PM on May. 23, 2010

• My hubs and I were paying for our wedding we did not have very much $ so we decided to have a small and simple wedding with just close friends and immediate family. We got married in a country church, we had the reception (cake, sandwiches, coffee/punch) in the church basement. I wore my mom's wedding dress, my hubs wore a new suit, my sis and his brother stood up with us. The photographer we hired turned out to be the mother of our nephews best friend, (none of us knew it till the wedding day, when she walked in and saw our nephew). Since she was close to my nephew, she did extend her time and took a lot more pictures than what was in our wedding package.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:04 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Cheapo :) Cort house wedding..BUT its was fun.We had the WHOLE place filled up with friends and family.Almost 70 people lol.Then we had a reception the next day.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:39 PM on May. 23, 2010

• We had a pretty big wedding. About 200 guests. We got married in a church and then went to the reception. We got married at 3 and the receiption was from 4 to midnight and afterwards we all went to the bar at the hotel for 2 hours! It was great! Two days later we went on our honeymoon! The total cost with honeymoon was about $20K. The only part I wish I would have changed was having a TV in the church!! Derek Jeter his his first grand slam while we were saying, "I do." So I'm a little sad that I missed it!
    Anonymous

• cheaply- I was 6 months pregnant-we drove from Phx to Laughlin-paid a little chapple 200 bucks- my sister paid for our room for two nights as our wedding gift and we ate a sheetcake from costco in the hotel room

I wore a 19 dollar dress and he wore like a 12 dollar shirt and pants he already had...
    the only people who came were his best friend-my best friend my mom and his mom and her hsuband and my sister and her husband

*luckily hubby won 1,000 dollars in a video poker machine an hour before the wedding- so we actually had a steak dinner that night! *otherwise it would have been mc donalds or something!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:31 PM on May. 23, 2010