anyone else bothered by the gulf oil disaster????

this is my idea.. Why not open a nearby expressor like when making a hot steam of milk for an espresso, the same principal would apply like in a pressure cooker. A mile or so (( give or take)) in either direction; down the same vein; go to a point of release to make a separate probe, just as in any rig set-up procedure, and vaccumn out the opposite way and it releases the oil going out the main leak.. This way you don't have to cap it off , ..... ! Go start another expressor or vent and use it like when it's used as a main just don't allow this one to blow.
It could be the relief valve so to speak. Let's face it nobody is going to put mud, cement , etc. to a place with pressure like that. It's got to take another point of collection, and this will pull the oil from the spot nearby backwards... like a equal and opposite reaction. It's spewing, suck it the other direction, via a portal nearby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am! the thought of that oil destroying our south beach makes me numb! What I can't understand is not having a procedure in place forseeing this happening. Pass on your solution to authorities involved.

Answer by older at 12:25 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Yup.. write some letters girl.. you never know your idea might work.
    Anonymous

• I left a message to one of the places showing videos. GORILLA NATION . This site ran a documentary that had a black and white satellite video of the oil as seen from space. I could even bother them by the site source cell phone, but I left my message on their running machine taped message. I didn't ask for any call back but rather gave them my e-mail address. Is this a good idea? I was thinking that the mud isn't going to hold since oil will just surround it and possible soften that mix. But I am impressed that they even try !
    Anonymous

• What PISSES me OFF is the utter hypocrisy of the media and those on the left. They went batsh*t crazy over Katrina. Every litte thing that went wrong was Bush's fault!! HE did it, HE didnt fix it, HE didnt ACT quick enough. THIS crap has been spreading for A MONTH now and the president has done NOTHING. They are basically leaving it up too BP to fix! Like THAT isnt the fox gaurding the hen house!! I want to see the collective resources of the US government coming together to FIX this problem then BILL BP for the costs. You can bet your butt if this was happening in NewYork there would be a little more interest and involvment. As a matter of fact the car bomb that DIDNT DO ANYTHING has gotten JUST as much coverage if not more than what is going on down here.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:38 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Good for you girl, let us know if they respond! I am impressed too! way to go!

Answer by older at 12:39 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Yes. I am devestated by it.
    There have been scientists coming out and saying that it can be capped, could have been capped within 8 hours. It will only take 8 hours to stop. BUT, they wouldn't be able to reopen it. It would be a lost resource. So now, they are trying to keep it open and figure out a way to pipe out the oil. GREED.
    Anonymous

• Why should the president be responsible? BP is making money hand over fist, its time they cough it up and fix it. If they can haul it they can clean it up. I don't care if they go belly up. They should be shut down until every drop is cleaned up! Bet they'd get moving then.
    Anonymous

• I am working (thinking, typing,) and I see that now it's just a waiting game, ....this is how I see things, all the money in the world won't stop this, it's people, sweat, and drop dead technology. We have all this. !!!!! Come on we are able to see a baby in the womb and it sucks it's thumb. We are women on this site and I think we all care, we are smart. SO

WHen we look at that baby in the womb, we say, oh .....that's a baby, when we fish and use sonogram technology we see fish by a device called a fishfinder, and when we look to find oil , we drill after knowing where the oil is, and of course if we use soundwave technology underwater we will see something void, or filling the earth beneath, so

We have people,!!! equipment!!!! We have all the cars and tractor trailors we need, and we where ever we are now, can all pitch in, let's do this.!!!!! COME ON ...help me
    Anonymous

• Why should the president be responsible? BP is making money hand over fist, its time they cough it up and fix it. If they can haul it they can clean it up. I don't care if they go belly up.

You answered your OWN question. WTH incentive is there for BP to just shut this sucker down?? Like a pp said, it COULD have been cappped off and STOPPED...BUT it would have cut off that revenue PERMENTLY.  Do you not understand the concept of the fox guarding the hen house. You are expecting the people who make the PROFIT off this to make the right decisions here. They arent worried about the gulf...THEY are worried about...their PROFIT! The GOV'T (by the way the FEDERAL govt is WHO is RES{ONSIBLE for monitoring those rigs in the FIRST place!) should STEP UP and protect the UNITED STATES coast line and then BILL BP.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:10 PM on May. 23, 2010

• We catch illegal immigrants !!! COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNN. We don't need small money . We are going someplace> Those who will band together their. trailers. containers, maybe even the railroad. Who knows if everyone will be open minded we could just all volunteer from the entire U.S.
    We put out fires. THis can be done too.
    Anonymous