Do you mow the lawn?

If you have a yard do you or DH/SO mow? DH mows ours (which he constantly complains about) and I take care of the indoor housework which is fine with me. I think he wishes I mow sometimes, but I've never mowed before in my life (I'm 29). Is that weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Hun, I am 60 and never mowed anything in my life!! not weird but smart, if you can get away with not doing it, go for it!

Answer by older at 12:41 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I'm 36 and have never mowed the lawn. My dh does it, I lived in a townhouse when I was a single mom, my ex did it before that, and when I was growing up either my stepdad or my brothers did it.

Answer by missanc at 12:32 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I mowed yards every summer while i was a kid. I detest doing so now. My DH does it now. He hates the thought of me out there busting my butt and getting sunburnt.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 12:37 PM on May. 23, 2010

• "I mowed yards every summer while i was a kid. I detest doing so now. My DH does it now. He hates the thought of me out there busting my butt and getting sunburnt. "

OP - My mom never let me mow the yard (ours was HUGE) when I was a kid because she said I would mow my toes off, so I guess that's why I never learned. How nice of your DH! :)
    Anonymous

• I used to mow when i was younger, then my mother got a NEW lawn mower and never let me mow, i like to mow with headphones in :). Now i live with my s.o. and his Papa, who lives across the driveway mows. He is retired and wants to, and my s.o. said i should ask to mow our yard because he has nothing better to do and he likes it! But i dont think any of my friends mow and my s.o. definently hasnt ever mowed, cuz his Papa does it. . .
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 12:48 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I do about half of the mowing now.... I used to do all of it before the kids, now I just do the back yard most of the time & DH does the front! I don't mind it at all. I do expect help with the inside keep up of the house... after all, I am NOT the maid!! You gotta do what works you your household. But if he complains about it tell him you'd gladly trade him for some indoor chore if he'd like... funny how mowing the lawn sounds better then ding all the laundry!! LOL

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:50 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Try it, you might like it. I think if you share living space, you should share in the responsibilities. Have him wash dishes, do laundry, dust, clean, wash the toilets and showers, wash the floors, etc... Make a list and split it up between him and you. I love to mow the lawn, its great exercise and fresh air. But fair is fair.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:50 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Yes I mow. And my DH does to. It is good exersize.

Answer by louise2 at 1:03 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I'm 29 and I also have never mowed the lawn and do not plan on doing it! Plus before mowing the lawn we have to pick up the dog donuts in the back yard so I'll leave that to my husband! =)
    Anonymous

• The only reason my mother let me mow was because my brother were less detail orreinted (sp?) then i was. and my grandmother hated having him touch her acre sized yard.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 1:14 PM on May. 23, 2010