HAS ANYONE ATE SANDWICHES WITH LUNCH MEAT PREGNANT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ah, yea.
    Anonymous

• I've never eaten pregnant lunchmeat.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:54 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I know people are going to start with the MSG's and the preservative dangers, but think about any and all prepared foods you get from the grocery store. In moderation you will be fine. But if you eat out or eat anything not made completely from scratch and fresh foods, you are going to get preservatives and msg exposure.
    Anonymous

• Why is it suppose to be bad for you?

Answer by louise2 at 12:54 PM on May. 23, 2010

• You could get listeria from it, and give it to the baby. I ate sandwiches about 6 times when I was pregnant though. We are fine. Anyone can get listeria, but for some reason the majority of them are pregnant women and newborns. I asked my doctor about it and he said his wife did it, and she was fine. Don't worry about it. Don't do it everyday though.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 1:00 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Yes, I do... Most lunchmeats today are safer than anything you get in a can... I stay away from anything with ham, because I'm allergic, but other wise, I don't worry about it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:00 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Oh, they say lunch meat is fine and kills the bacteria if you eat it steaming hot, boil it first or heat it up.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 1:01 PM on May. 23, 2010

• i love cold sandwiches and i heard your not suppose to eat them but was wondering how bad it could really be for you if you just did even 1 time a month
    Anonymous

• as long as your cold sandwich is right out of the fridge and hasn't been sitting out, then you're fine. if you have it from suway or something get it hot because the inconsistent temp can cause bacterial growth. I had sandwiches quite a bit pregnant, just made sure it was either fresh out of the fridge or steaming hot. My daughter and I are perfectly fine :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:36 PM on May. 23, 2010

• It is very high in sodium, nitrates, pesticides, etc. Have a mashed avocado on whole grain bread, with a sprinkle of (sea) salt.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:42 PM on May. 23, 2010