Does anyone find that THE MINUTE you put your child to bed, the neighbors decide to mow the lawn???

It seems like every day a different neighbor decides it's time to mow the lawn just when he gets to sleep. Even with the windows closed and 2 fans running!

Country living is looking better and better to me everyday!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• is it at nap time? or at actual bed time? there may be disturbance ordinances in your area, check em out
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:18 PM on May. 23, 2010

• lol..I feel your pain. Although I DO live in the country. But across the street is a huge corn feild that they like to plow and work on and its very noisy. There are loud trucks that zoom up and down our road and a train that is practically in the back yard that loves coming by all hours of the day and night and tooting thier horn like crazy people,lol. On the weekends, its my very own sweetheart man that likes to make all the noise mowing the lawn. Grrr. Oh well. My daughter is to a point now where shes just getting used to it..I still wake up to the noise but she's been sleeping right through it,lol.
    Try some soft music to lay yours down to...maybe that will help to drown out the noise. If not...throw rocks at the mower blades,lol...just kidding :)
    Good Luck
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:21 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Nap yes.bed time is 9pm So no.. lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:26 PM on May. 23, 2010

• yes.. except it always seems they allow their dog to bark for hours.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 2:03 PM on May. 23, 2010

• We have the problem of half the neighbors on the block just have to have unnecessarily loud pick ups. Nap time is not usually a problem but bedtime is. For some reason that is the primetime to fly down the street as loud as they can. Highly annoying.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:18 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Ha! I am currently in the Daytona Beach area..try living here during Bike Week and Biketoberfest!! Aggghhhh!!!!!!!! ...Thank GOD we're moving in a week to the country!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 3:06 PM on May. 23, 2010

• OMG I was just thinking the same thing the other day! It seems like every time I finally get my son to sleep, the neighbors decide to mow their lawn or weed wack. Then at bedtime on garbage night, they decide to drag their 3 garbage cans to the curb at 10pm! Not to mention they have a teenage son who comes home at all hours of the night and decide to make a damn festival out of it, with horn honking, door slamming, and music blasting.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:13 PM on May. 23, 2010

• lol, yes, I know the feeling. Our neighbor bought their son one of those motorbikes- and every time I would put the baby down he'd start riding it around and around the house. I used to envision going out there and clotheslining him with a broom from behind the fence, lol. Luckily eventually he got a drivers license and a girlfriend and stopped with the neverending laps, lol. (Plus, to be honest, the family is very nice and so is the teen- if we asked him to stop he did, but I felt bad asking him to stop ALL the time- he lives here too, so I tried to just be patient- I knew eventually he had to get tired of it!)
    athenax3

Answer by athenax3 at 5:36 PM on May. 23, 2010

• My neighbor inevitably lets her small, annoying, yippy dogs into the yard the minute dd falls asleep for her nap. Its not like its @ the same time every day so I can just ask her not to let them out for those 2 hours... I tell my hubby all the time I want my own deserted island!!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:00 PM on May. 23, 2010