What are the chances?

My question is, what are the chances of getting pregnant the day of ovulation?
I know that having sex before ovulation is better, and having the sperm already waiting. But we only had sex once, the day of ovulation. Im doubting it wasnt enough, and my chances are low since it was the day of O.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• well seeing as sperm can live up to 3 days I would say your chances aren't horrible.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 3:47 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Your chances are good having sex on the day of ovulation... sperm gets there fast. Your egg I think something like 24-48 hours before it dissolves (I may be wrong). But remember, even a "good" chance is 25%.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 5:19 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I think the chances are about the same as in the 2-3 days prior to ovulation, maybe a tad bit lower. But like PP said, even with perfect timing, you only have about a 25-33% chance during any given cycle.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:33 PM on May. 24, 2010