Love my husband, hate my town

I've been laid off since November. My money has totally run out. There are no jobs in the town that I live at. There are a few jobs in the neighboring city (40 min drive), but I can't get there because only my car works and my husband's using the car to go to his job. There is no regular public transit between this town and that city. I need a regular income as a wohm mom. How does one find a way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• most people keep the job they had their whole lives or just retry after they go back and get the job they had. do you do anything that is inventive? Can you just keep the children home and stay busy making the home nice, and go shop for great meals, that's a job right there. Anything else I've come across always need a start up income, you need money first, or if you just clean for relatives and make cash you don't have to report. I'd just watch who you communicate with, alot of TELLERS out there.
    Anonymous

• I completely understand! Any jobs in my area are a 40 mile drive one way and if you don't have a decent car then you out of luck. One thing I have thought about for an income is childcare...Being in a small town there isn't enough of them and the 2 good ones have a huge waiting list.
    Anonymous

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 5:49 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Can you do childcare?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:35 AM on May. 24, 2010