Affordable pet vaccines?

Our dogs are way behind on their shots and the last time I took a dog to get shots it totaled at about $100 for one dog. We simply don't have the money for that. Does anybody know of any good places that has affordable shots? I checked the VCA but the only coupons they had that would be of any use to us was one for a free initial health check.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Pets

• Call your local feed stores (farm supply stores) you can usually buy the all-in-one vaccinations there for about $7.00 They are easy to give since they do not have to go into muscle. You just pull some skin back and shoot the vaccine right under the skin. My dogs don't even flinch!

Rabies is different though!! You can not get rabies vaccines over the counter. Call your local animal shelter and ask about rabies clinics. Our shelter just did TWO drive-in clinics. Dogs and Cats got a FULL set of shots for just $15 from a licensed vet!! The dogs and cats didn't even have to get out of the car. The pamplet called it a Drive-by-shooting, LOL!! It said it kept the line going and the animals calmer since they didn't have to stand in line with all the other animals.

Good Luck!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 4:07 PM on May. 23, 2010

• yes i agree look at ur local farm supply store! i give my dogs shots from there and it is very easy to do! i usually wait til my vet sends me a card saying they are due for there shots then i go and buy them! its way cheaper then the vet!
    babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 1:55 AM on May. 25, 2010