What happens to illegal immigrants caught in Mexico?

It is a felony punishable by up to 2 years in prison. An attempt to re-enter after deportation can be imprisoned up to 10 years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Here's a good analogy I heard somewhere:

Guatemala : Mexico
    as
    Mexico : USA

IE, Mexicans really don't like Guatemalans all that much. Tons and tons of illegal Guatemalans hop over the border to seek better lives. Unfortunately, lots of immigrants get shot on THAT border.

It's like Nicaraguans and Costa Rica. My husband says the majority of illegals in his country are from Nicaragua. They're the ones who do the menial jobs and are the subject of "send 'em back where they came from!" conversations. It's a real problem. I can't believe people think that the USA is the only place in the world that has problems with illegal immigrants. LOL.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:00 PM on May. 23, 2010

• LOL who would want to immigrate to Mexico?
    Anonymous

• CNN: Blitzer Tried His Best to Hide Mexico's ...

Blitzer: "So if people want to come from Guatemala or Honduras or El Salvador or Nicaragua, they want to just come into Mexico, can they just walk in?"

CALDERON: No! They need to fulfill, uh, a form. They need to establish their right name. We analyze if they have not a criminal precedence.

BLITZER: Do Mexican police go around asking for papers of people they suspect are illegal immigrants? CALDERON: Of course! Of course!

Anonymous

• BLITZER: If somebody sneaks in from Nicaragua or some other country in Central America through the southern border of Mexico and they wind up in Mexico, they can going get a job?

CALDERON: No, no, no.

BLITZER: They can work?

CALDERON: If somebody do that without permissions, we send -- we send back them.
    Anonymous

• I think we should, we have enough trouble keeping jobs for the born in american citzens. It is one thing if you come over here legally but to offer jobs to people that are in this country illegally, it is just not right!!
    Anonymous

• lol, but he was mad at us doing the same thing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:41 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Do as I say, not as I do. lol
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:23 PM on May. 23, 2010

***
    People from Central America!! Mexico is like the French Rivera for them! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:26 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Plenty of American criminals flee to Mexico to get away from our justice system.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:31 PM on May. 23, 2010

• In Mexico, IF they get caught, they are supposed to be deported, like in the US. But Mexico is so big and vastly populated. I seriously doubt that 2/3 of the illegals in Mexico are caught. Besides that the police are so busy with the cartels and stealing money from visitors that I think looking for illegals is at the bottom of their prioity list.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:06 PM on May. 23, 2010