How do you know if you're having back labor?

I just ntoiced it felt like someone stab me in the back and then a cramping feeling like during my period in front... it only just happened could this be back labor? I'm 38 weeks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh you will definately know... it is a very bad constant pain in your lower back like you have been beat in the back with a base ball bat!!! At least thats what I felt with my last labor....
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:23 PM on May. 23, 2010

• ahaha like PP said
    you will know when you have back labor, it is aweful
    and I agree, not a sharp pain, that might be a muscle spasm or something, but a achy pain like your back may break...seriously
    its not really describable, i just know its so awful and it doesnt go away with contractions, it stays and stays and stays
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:20 PM on May. 23, 2010

• My back labor felt like a really bad hip cramp that I couldn't stretch out. It didn't go away even through my 'normal' contractions.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:24 PM on May. 23, 2010