Money is very tight. I need some suggestions on what I can sell/pawn.

We had a very unexpected expense this month. Our air conditioner broke and we had to replace the whole unit. I thought we would be okay money wise to pay the other bills and to buy groceries, but we are not. I have a $60 electric bill that is due tomorrow that I forgot about and we still need groceries to make it until payday on Thursday. Right now, I have $15 cash and I am about to gather up all of our change which might be $20. I am also going to take some movies, books, and my DS lite to sell it at this one store, but I won't be able to go there until Tuesday. What are some other things to sell/pawn? Please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• you can go to a pawn shop and give them something to borrow out money on...maybe a gaming system? my husband borrows money from his hunting rifles and his power tools...then picks them up on his next check you could also do a camcorder or even a painting...I once sold a "Terry Redlin" wild life painting to a pawn shop for $60.

Do you have a "Once upon a child" close by? they will take anything related to babies/kids and pay cash on the spot.

Anonymous

• due to the F-ed up economy right now pawn shops are pickier than they've ever been. unless you're bringing power tools, something w/ a motor or engine, or nice jewelry you're going to be carrying the items back to your car.

you're much better off heading off to sell blood or plasma. consider semen for your husband, if he qualifies you'll get $200 a month the 1st time

don't pay your electric bill this month would be my 1st thought. call them, explain, or don't. they wont shut u off for being 1 month behind.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:38 PM on May. 23, 2010

• how do you find out about selling blood, plasma, and semen?
    Anonymous

• CAll your local Red Cross for pasma and google "sperm Donation" and your zipcode
    Anonymous

• Don't pay the electric, it wont get shut off if you miss one months payment. Call them let them know.

Look up your local food bank and get what you can there for the month. They should have a good amount to help you out.

If you're involved in church you could talk to your bishop for help.

If you want to sell something... look around the house for things you really do not need and or do not use, or that are just of value you don't mind parting with. Scout a few different shops. SOME offer more than others. Get the most for your item.

Blood bank is another good idea to add a little more cash to your pocket you and your DH could both go in. : )

Good luck and I'm sorry for your current situation. It's never easy to go through. I've been there before, you're not alone.
    Anonymous

• Don't use the air conditioner; it will just raise your electric bill.

Buy dried beans and lentils instead of meat.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Sell your hair.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:29 AM on May. 24, 2010