How do you feel about the smell of bleach?

If you walked in to a house and it smelled like bleach what first comes to mind? If you went to an open house and you could smell they cleaned with bleach would that turn you off?
A little back-ground. My hubby cleans with bleach and I have no sense of smell. My teenager always is like pewie. So how about you love / hate or indifferent?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 4:27 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If I walked into someone's house and smelled bleach I guess I'd think "oh how sweet, they cleaned before I came over" or else something like "hmmm what gross thing are they trying to cover up/kill/eliminate".
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:32 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I like the smell of bleach in my home, it reminds me I spent the day busting my butt cleaning! I know it's toxic, etc etc buuuuuuuuuut nothing really kills germs better. Vinegar can do a lot but it cannot kill cold and flu virues's. Only make them smell like a cold and flu sandwich.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:31 PM on May. 23, 2010

• If I smell bleach in someones house, I think they either just washed some white cloths. Or they just finished cleaning the house.

Answer by louise2 at 4:31 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I love the smell of bleach... It smells clean to me... Everything I clean with have strong smells! probably not healthy but it just seems cleaner if it smells like cleaning products in my house lol.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:34 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Bleach and fabric softener, 2 of my favorite smells...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:41 PM on May. 23, 2010

• If I don't smell bleach, I am not happy. But then again, I'm ocd about my house.

To answer your Q, love it. It has a clean smell.
    Anonymous

• It's the smell of clean to me.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:55 PM on May. 23, 2010

• it smells clean to me but at the same time it gives me a hella headache, which is why i only bleach stuff once a week other times i use scented lysol
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:36 PM on May. 23, 2010

• i like the smell of bleach
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:38 PM on May. 23, 2010

• makes me dizzy, feel ill. I would turn around and walk out
    Anonymous