Anyone have an umbilical hernia repair?

I just had my surgery to correct my umbilical hernia on Thursday. It is Sunday, and my belly button does not even RESEMBLE a belly button! Is this normal? I am hoping I am still VERY swollen because this is a wreck! Will this every look like a belly button ??????

TRooney

Asked by TRooney at 5:09 PM on May. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• My mom had that when she was young. She technically doesnt have a belly button. The surgeon MADE a belly button for her....
    Mandiii04

Answer by Mandiii04 at 6:08 PM on May. 23, 2010

• My husband had that done a few years ago and it always looked like his belly button. The look really didn't change on the outside for him. I think it really depends on how severe it is and how surgery was done on what the outcome will be like. I'm sure you'll have a follow up soon with your surgeon discuss your concern with him. Or call his office tomorrow and inquire about it. He is the only one that is going to be able to help you with your question.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:25 PM on May. 23, 2010