homemade exfolitating?

I've seen sugar or salt with olive oil and sugar and lemon and sugar and honey...which one is best? The olive oil one sounds expensive. lol. What if I mix sugar with my regular body wash?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:06 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• for your face 1 tsp. of sugar and a few drops of champagne-enough to form a paste. Apply in circular motions then rinse in lukewarm water and pat dry.

For a body scrub 1/4 cup lemon juice (preferably fresh squeezed and 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil with 1/2 cup kosher salt. Masssage onto parts of the body that need exfoliating and rinse. NEVER use this one on the face because it's too strong and course for the delicate facial skin.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:31 PM on May. 23, 2010

• My fav has oatmeal in it but I will have to find the recipe again. Olive oil can be bought at dollar general for $1 a bottle and the bottle is more than enough for the scrub. I use olive oil and sugar for my hands. You can mix sugar with your regular soap or you can use salt. i will find the link where I found my recipes and will add it on here for you.
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 7:11 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I have used toothpaste mixed with sugar, and the invigorating feel afterward from the peppermint extract in the toothpaste is so nice, thanks to this question you posted now, I am going to do this more regular . The humidity makes skin feel so pasty.
    Anonymous

• I heard you can just add sugar and water or milk. Using it alone might work as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:21 PM on May. 23, 2010

• honey and bakingsoda

Answer by rkoloms at 10:14 PM on May. 23, 2010