How to cure insomnia in my 3.5month old baby girl

I have a 3.5month old baby girl. She started teething the week before she turned 3 months, but no teeth yet. She sleeps in the bed with me because I am nursing, but the past few nights she will sleep 8 hours without feeding. BUT she will not take naps. I can get her to fall asleep, but she will only stay asleep for about 15-20min then she wakes up. She is so tired. Her teeth gums are bothering her and she has gas...i was thinking this may have something to with it. I also had to take 10 days of amoxicillin and I saw that it can cause insomnia and I had it while I was taking it. So I thoght maybe it passed through my milk and maybe she has it.

cvail

Asked by cvail at 7:10 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's sleeping that much in one stretch, then she's doesn't have insomnia. She might have her days and nights mixed up, but it's not insomnia.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is now 2 1/2 and that's all she ever slept until she turned two and I quit tying to give her naps. I tried everything and none of it worked so I just had to accept that she was only going to sleep as long as I did at night and a couple of very short naps in the day. Once she turned 2 she really fought the naps so I gave up on it and she started sleeping 12 hours at night and still does. Good luck!

Anonymous

• Wear your baby....

Answer by rkoloms at 10:15 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Babies don't get insomnia. It's normal for babies to wake at night until they are 3 years or older, it is hardwired in their brains for survival. Human babies have always breastfed, nursed at night and slept with their mothers. It's also normal for babies to not take naps alone, to only sleep while breastfeeding.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:53 PM on May. 23, 2010

• No insomnia here. She's normal. And this will pass.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:45 AM on May. 24, 2010