Should I call CPS?

I think my niece-in-law is being abused. She never smiles or plays, she has a glazed over look all the time, btw she is 2 . Ive witnessed her father being extremely aggressive with her and cuss at her at the top of his lungs. Both parents are emotionally distant. Just today my grandmother heard my SIL say that she "spanks her until her hand hurts but she wont cry, its because her dad hits her so hard" She said this to my in-laws, who they also live with, and they didnt even respond. so my question is should I call CPS or talk with them 1st? This all has been going on for a long time and its getting worse, the light is gone from the little girls eyes. I am so worried. what should I do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I would call CPS. It sounds like he's damaged her pretty bad

Answer by admckenzie at 7:37 PM on May. 23, 2010

• if you are truly worried it would not hurt to call. maybe they will talk to the little girl and find out what is going on. she may have something wrong with her they dont know about.
    Anonymous

• Call.
    Anonymous

• defently, have you seen the baby P video. I would call and if they do nothing and you are absoultly sure it is still going on, call aqian. Do this until you are sure the little girl is safe
    Anonymous

• Do her parents ever let you babysit or take her for the day?? If they do, I suggest that you take her to a pediatrician and have her examined or just talk to the Dr. and get his/her advice. This is a tough one, I would not go it alone on this one, get someone else on "your side." If you can't get her to a doctor than I would definately make the call to CPS.
    Anonymous

• I would gether for the day and she how she act and check for bruises and stuff like that. maybe even take her to a pedi to get evaulated. Its always good to have a strong case before going to cps cause things like this can tear apart families
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 8:06 PM on May. 23, 2010

• If you are concerned then call CPS. Hopefully someone from the family maybe even yourself can step in if needed, instead of this baby being placed into foster care.
    Anonymous

• i would call. this is very sad. is a shame we can not call on this other mom who post a question, what is wrong with people.
    Anonymous

• Call. Absolutely. Now.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:54 PM on May. 23, 2010

• You need to call. You said the parents hit her until their hands hurt? OMG and she's 2 years old. MY baby is 2 1/2 and yeah I spank her but never like that. The light has left her eyes is what got me. Now I;m crying and want to go hug my baby but I don't want to wake her! Please call save this babys life!!!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:27 PM on May. 23, 2010