when do u stop?

at what age to toddlers stop wearing nappies/diapers?
what age did ur child stop wearing them?

my SIL's son is 3 and a half years old...should he still be wearing them.....i was kind of suprised but she looked at me and said that when did u think they stop?.....my son is only 5 months old so he's quite some time away from that but i thought that by 2-3 wold be the time that potty traing should be done....am i wrong?

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 7:51 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd stopped about 2 1/2.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:53 PM on May. 23, 2010

• If she isn't even trying to introduce the concept of potty training, then there is a bit of a problem. My daughter only wears one at night now and she's 3. She wakes up dry most of the time, but every so often she sleeps just that little extra bit longer and wakes up with a wet diaper. We started trying to potty train her before she was 2, but she just wasn't doing it. She picked it up within a couple weeks when she turned three, though.

Anonymous

• My DD is a little over three and we just potty trained her. With some kids it takes a while and boys can take longer than girls. It depends on the children and the parents really. I think by 4 most kids should definitely be potty trained but thats just my opinion
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 7:55 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Not all kids can be potty trained so easily. My DD is 2.5 yrs old and she still isn't potty trained. Every kid is different.
    Anonymous

• every child is different my daughter went on the potty 15 mths old, and she is 2,5 i am having a hard time potty training. they said she is just not ready. so i just keep trying. you do what is right for your child.
    Anonymous

• My LO is almost 2 and is about halfway to being trained. Today she told me that she needed to go on 3 different occasions which is incredible and 3 other times she came to me with wet training pants. It takes time, but one would suspect that by 3 1/2 the parents had started making attempts to potty train.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:18 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Every kid is different. At 3 1/2 they definitely should be working on it (unless there are issues at hand). My girls all started between 2 & 21/2 working on it. They were all fully trained before 3 yrs. The earliest was right at 2 1/2 the latest was 1 1/2 months before 3.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:25 PM on May. 23, 2010

• You can introduce your baby to the potty concept as soon as he seems ready. At first, it's just letting him see that we use the potty to go to the bathroom (helps for little boys to see guys use the potty, too). Then, buy him a potty chair and sit him on it everytime you go to the bathroom. Every child is different. My niece, nephew, and DD all started potty training at 18 months old. My niece was done at 2, my DD at 3, and my nephew at 3 1/2.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 1:52 AM on May. 24, 2010

• My son stopped by 18months my neices and nephews were all different but they had crappy parents my oldest neice was 3 the baby was around 2 (by then my mom had custody so things were done right) I know the daycares do not let them move up to the 4yr old class unless they are potty trained and at the daycare I worked at almost all of them were potty trained with in 2-3 months of moving to the 2yr old class
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 4:43 AM on May. 24, 2010