what's the oddest thing your child has made a toy?

Seriously, what is the oddest thing your child has turned into a toy? What was it and what did they imagine it was?

angevil53

Asked by angevil53 at 9:03 PM on May. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• my kids will use the remote control or a banana & will gab away like they're talking on the phone. they use pencils as drumsticks. they also use laundry baskets as a boat & will line up empty diaper boxes as a train. i'm sure there's more, i just can't remember it all.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:22 AM on May. 24, 2010

• none that i can think of with my dd. but my BIL likes to duck hunt and my niece stole 2 of his decoys. my sister found them in a closet in a "nest" with easter eggs around them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:06 PM on May. 23, 2010

• most recently, my son found a miniature statue of Saint Frances that he loves to play with. The figure is hold a hand up and my son likes to hit the little hand and say "Fives!"

Haha I love that story about the duck decoy with the eggs! So cute :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:10 PM on May. 23, 2010

• My LO has turned chopsticks (metal) into drumsticks. She also turns over my laundry baskets to make them drums.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:14 PM on May. 23, 2010

• My little cousin takes cotton (like from pillows) and thread/string(from blankets,sheets anything) and he actually spins them together and makes little man figures out of them! Seriously, he sits there, tears apart the pillows and blankets, spins them and they have a body, arms, legs and a head while watching cartoons. I think its so weird and funny, but my mom says he is creative. And he puts different color strings so he will have one with black and red, another man with blue and yellow, its crazy.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 9:25 PM on May. 23, 2010

• a concrete cow - garden ornament thing from my aunts house - man he loved that cow - he would have it in bed with him and in the middle of the night it would crash out onto the floor and scare me to death. LOL
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:39 PM on May. 23, 2010

• A 60 ml syringe! They play doctor and pretend to feed themselves or stuffed animals or even the dog.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 9:43 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I'm not sure I can pick the oddest. They hardly ever play with their toys, they are allways playing with dishes from the kitchen or old empty bottles from the bathroom... anything they can find becomes a toy of some sort.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 9:46 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I would have to agree with a lot of moms here. Our little ones "make" toys out of just about anything that wasn't manufactured to be a toys. Bubble wrap, Plastic Milk jugs, Toilet and paper towel card board rolls, old magazines, SHOES they love to wear them around the house and yard. No matter if they fit or not. Their clothes. They love to play dress up. Which might be odd since their boys. Pony beads, Just about anything really.
    ParanormalMomma

Answer by ParanormalMomma at 10:06 PM on May. 23, 2010

• My son likes to take sticks and power cords, the big orange ones that we use outside, and tie the cords onto the sticks and "fish" off the side of the porch. He also likes to play with worms. He will dig for worms and let them crawl on him. When the worms get "tired" he will put them under the dirt and look for more. He has also taken old buckets into the middle of the back yard and made a house out of them. It is amazing that kids can find anything and turn it into a toy.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:13 PM on May. 23, 2010