I want my business to donate 8-10% of profit to a charity or organization, but which one?

so far my ideas are:
local elementary school...buy supplies with the money
march of dimes
breast cancer research

it'll be one of those three unless someone has another idea....
im alsi buying the bands from the charities and making those available for all including HIV/ AIDS awareness...

i want more options or ideas for charities to support

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 9:19 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Stay local with your charity. I always have belived that if everyone helped in their own community then we'd all be better off.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:14 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Lung cancer awareness... lung cancer kills more people every year than Breast, prostate, and colon cancer combined!!! It is also a case very close to my heart I lost my mother to lung cancer 2 years ago yesterday.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 9:20 PM on May. 23, 2010

• cause*
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 9:21 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I like supporting local charities. I'd find out what sort of youth organization or homeless shelter is around and is particularly active in your area.

I also like Ronald McDonald House. I know some people who were put up by them while their baby had brain surgery. (The little girl is doing great by the way). I always think of them when I see that little collection box at McDonalds.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:22 PM on May. 23, 2010

• im accepting donations
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:22 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Go with what is in your gut, not what people tell you from here.
    Anonymous

• well the 8-10% will go to just one cause/org./charity...most likely the school one
    i want to support other causes with buying the bands that ppl wear

im going to have the bands displayed in a case and if some one would like to support the cause they can buy one...no profit on my end from that...but just awareness kwim
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:28 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I donate 10% of my income to the Prize4Life foundation. Other donations we make go to Children of the Night, Somaly Mam Foundation, Childs Play and Heifer Intl.

Prize4Life is an ALS research and treatment org..
    Children Of The Night helps to get young girls a new start after rescuing them from prostitution in the US.
    Somaly Mam helps to rescue, rehab & reintegrate sexual slaves.
    Child's Play provides games to Children's Hospitals.
    Heifer Intl. promotes an end of hunger by teaching people in hunger torn nations to farm rather than just feeding them.

I know it's not what you were looking for, but if you want info on any of these, let me know I'll send you sites.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:38 PM on May. 23, 2010

• any cancer place! esp.. children's cancer.. like st.jude or a children's cancer center
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:45 PM on May. 23, 2010

• shriners or ronald mcdonald house charities. i like shriners bc they don't turn anyone away no matter if they can pay or not. st judes would be a good one too. that's the charity that helped my cousin when he had cancer.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:46 PM on May. 23, 2010