can child support for my boyfriends other child be take out of our welfare for our daughter?

we got a letter in the mail stating that he was being sued for child support by his ex girlfriend. but neither one of us is working at the moment due to having to move to another town. but we are on welfare for our daughter. he and my daughter are on my case and im just trying to figure out if the can take that money to pay her.

mommijessie

Asked by mommijessie at 9:29 PM on May. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't believe they can....
    Is your bf trying to avoid paying child support all together?
    Anonymous

• NO!..lol
    but hey.. tell your bf to find a job and support that kid! & yours..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:38 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I didn't know you can put bf on woman welfare case. That is interesting.
    Anonymous

• wow...find a job and get this crap taken care asap. that child deserves to have his support.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:43 PM on May. 23, 2010

• anon 9.42 when you are on welfare, everyone in the home, regardless of marital status is in the same case.
    Anonymous

• :42

I guess I always thought a man couldn't because he should be a provider for the family. Guess I'm wrong.
    Anonymous

• I am not personally on welfare but I do know someone that is. In MA if there are two parents in the home both parents must be actively looking for work. they get something like $500 a month and if they don't show proof they don't get that money. or they can choose to do commutity services for 30 hours a week for there pay. I lived in the projects ((yes! I worked, one of the very few!! there)) and I seen and heard it all.
    also MA has a 2 yr limit you can be on. after your child turns two you have to do commutity service plus look for a job.
    so any other states do this?
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:53 PM on May. 23, 2010

• ** no longer in projects, I was a single mother, now I am a married mother who owns a house with her family **
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:54 PM on May. 23, 2010

• he has tried to help with his other daughter but she put him down as a non custodial parent when he refused to be with her months after their breakup. once she did that she started taking the baby away from him until she disappeared all together. we tried finding then but no one knew where she went until now.

and no he is not trying to avoid paying all together, he tried signing the papers before when they first broke up but she ripped them up in hopes he'd take her back
    mommijessie

Answer by mommijessie at 9:54 PM on May. 23, 2010

• no out here in ca its a 5 year thing but yes you do have to be working or community service. we were both working out north then moved down south when our grandmother got put in the hospital. im looking to go back to work hopefully at the hospital here. i have an interview monday.
    mommijessie

Answer by mommijessie at 9:57 PM on May. 23, 2010