• In the Spotlight:

What are your thoughts on children's consignment shops?

I'm thinking of starting a children's consignment shop with a friend. What do you think about them? Do you shop at any? Just trying to figure out if people on a budget (as everyone seems to be these days) would rather buy a better quality product second hand or a brand new item with a bit less quality for the same price. Thanks for your advice. We'd like to be up and running in October!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Shopping

• They would be good except the ones here are SO EXPENSIVE. Keep prices down and you will do fine.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:48 PM on May. 23, 2010

• When I go shopping for clothes for my kids ( 6 and 8 year old girls) I always go to the consignment shops first. Then I go to walmart to fill in the gaps.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:48 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I love them as long as they aren't overly priced and are in good shape. Which sadly most around here are over priced for low quality crap pretty much. As quickly as kids either outgrow or destroy clothing it makes more sense especially to those on a budget to buy better quality clothes second hand.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 9:50 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I LOVE them, my son is only 2,so at this age used clothing is basically brand new.
    MiddletonFamily

Answer by MiddletonFamily at 9:51 PM on May. 23, 2010

•  I am a single mother and with the help of consignment shops/yard sales (in rich neighborhoods) my dd was always dressed beautifully. Go for it.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 9:52 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Gently used, 2nd hand.....cheap! lol I always shop clearance when i'm at a regular store for our whole family.
    Anonymous

• I always try to shop at consignment shops. I have checked into all of them around my area and their are only a few that I will go to because most of them I might as well go to Baby Gap or The Children's place to get their clothes because I can probably save money. My suggestions would be to watch your prices and try to keep them lower.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:53 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I don't shop there. But I donate a good bit to them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:56 PM on May. 23, 2010

• i thank god for them! lol i like getting a good price on gently used items.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:58 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I love them except for the fact that if you say you only sell name brand or designer second hand make sure that it is and not Walmart or Target. Also do not charge alot for your clothes and hang items up by size. I love kid to kid but they can get pricey.

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 12:30 PM on May. 24, 2010