After the first trimester my doctor said it's OK to have a glass of red wine or a glass of Champagne only reserved for special occasions.

How much alcohol are in red wine and champagne?

mlamiller

Asked by mlamiller at 10:44 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i wouldnt do that
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:47 PM on May. 23, 2010

• A serving of wine or champagne is a 4 ounce glass. There can be anywhere from 5-25% alcohol in that glass. Each bottle will give you the percentage of alcohol. Each brand is different.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:47 PM on May. 23, 2010

• It all depends on the wine, champagne, and size of glass. Most experts say, why risk it?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:48 PM on May. 23, 2010

• It's all different. It really isn't worth the risk.
    Anonymous

• I'd be changing Drs if it were me. I am very much against women drinking alcohol while pregnant and would not continue to see a Dr who had such different views than I do. As for how much alcohol is in wine, generally most wines have between 12 - 14% alcohol by volume. Beer generally has 5%. Is a glass of wine that important though?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:15 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I had an occasional glass, like the normal wine glass and my son is perfectly healthy and very smart... Just don't make a habit of it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on May. 24, 2010

• would u give your newborn baby a glass of wine on a special occasion i wouldnt drink
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Ummm....not the smartest thing to do...Your doctor should never have even said that its okay because its not okay...you cant wait the 9 months until you start boozing again? Some people really make me think....................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on May. 24, 2010