Is my husband right when he says that Doctor Who the series viewers are people with a higher IQ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• Well i agree that it takes a intelligent person to understand what they are saying... So there my be some truth to it. I for one love the Doctor who Series and understand it as well.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:38 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I'd say not. My sisters watch it and they aren't all that bright.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:05 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I'll say yes, just because I watch it. lol Ok, seriously, though...I think to a degree, it *could* be true, b/c as soon said, it can be hard to understand them. But, it is a fictional TV show, just like any other, and as we all know, TV is not exactly geared toward geniuses these days.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:41 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Anybody can watch a show because they think the lead actor is cute or they like the accents. The better question would be what part of the audience actually understands everything that's going on.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:39 AM on May. 24, 2010

• lol i'd tell him people with higher IQs are probably reading not watching tv
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:12 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I dont know. My son loves all the tech talk and get everything that is said-and he was tested gifted with high IQ, but the rest of it love it also with it's british wit and action.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 8:38 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I don't know. When my dh starts talking about the British series I have no idea what 's he talking about.! LO
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 8:44 AM on May. 24, 2010

• i think that if you have to ask this question... it might be a bit too high brow for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on May. 24, 2010

• my DD's older half brother is not a bright star in the galaxy at all & that is his favorite show. He is not retarded, but he is very slow.

that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard...LOL! Kind of funny...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:08 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I've never really watched it much. My grandfather used to watch it when I was a kid and I'd watch some then but I really wasn't in to sci-fi back then. My IQ was tested in high school and I'm in the 99.9999th percentile or one in a million. Maybe Dr Who viewers are more intelligent than average but having a high IQ doesn't necessarily lead to watching the show.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:43 AM on May. 24, 2010