what kind of foods do you eat to maintain a healthy weight?

i recently got a membership at our local gym, and i want to start eating healthy, but i don't know where to start! when i think of healthy foods i think of food with no flavor :( advice?? what do you eat to stay healthy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• love green smoothies(google what they r)
    Anonymous

• When your first learning to eat healthier a great trick is to stick to the "U" around the back of the store, stay out of the aisle's except for things like olive oil, brown rice, etc. I use fresh herbs, olive oil, red wine or balsamic vinegar when cooking. Adding peppers, onion, squash and other veggies are great ways to add flavor and its natural flavor. you can also add just a touch of pepper to liven it up a little more. Look for lean cuts of meat, dont be fooled by labels that say low fat or fat free, sometimes the regular version only has 10 extra calories but 100 less sodium. Start to really look at labels on EVERYTHING you will learn so much. I buy wheat bread with flax seeds.

One thing my family loves is when i cook chicken in a balsamic then just before i take it out i add fresh spinach and a touch of mozzerella cheese, I add fresh tomato when i put it on the plate.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:03 PM on May. 23, 2010

• i eat lean protein like turkey and chicken, turkey is delicious by itself to me, but the chicken i put adobo on to give it flavor. fish is also lean protein but i dont like fish. i eat tuna fish with light mayo too. i eat lots of fruit, green apples, watermelon and strawberries. i eat egg whites and cook them with non fat butter spray for flavor. i eat string cheeses, black olives, pickles. whole wheat & whole grains pastas, and brown rice are healthy for you, ill eat them like once a week but im trying to loose weight right now so i dont eat any carbs like pastas breads and rices because i loose weight faster when i dont eat carbs like that. veggies are good too but i dont like veggies. i eat alot of salad when im maintaining weight but i dont eat it when im trying to loose weight because i use to much dressing.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:04 PM on May. 23, 2010

• *** i eat alot of salad when im maintaining weight but i dont eat it when im trying to loose weight because i use to much dressing

Try the spray on dressings, I did that when i was first learning to judge how much to use and it worked really well.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:11 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Plenty of water, no pop/soda. Whole grains (brown rice, whole grain breads/pastas). Lots of fresh fruits & veggies (and frozen veggies when needed, due to seasons & prices). Low sodium & sugar. Lean meats. Plenty of protein.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on May. 24, 2010

• i eat healthy..i just started a blog posting my favorite healthy recipes!.. email for the link if you want to read..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:24 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 4:02 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Hi Dear,

I eat whatever I feel like - seeds, nuts, legumes, beans and salty snacks, but lately I haven't felt like having a burger or a big slice of pizza in a while. Most of my meals consumed are plant based foods which are a good source of healthy nutrients and proteins.There are so many foods that are a must-have on my table at home. Fire-roasted and peeled poblano stuffed with a mixture of eggs, Mexican chorizo, diced onion and cheese; topped with a bit of salsa and a Daisy dollop are just a few. To maintain a healthy weight level, you should follow a few sensible rules on a diet plan:

1) No or low fat
    2) No or few refined flour products
    3) Minimal use of sugar

You just need to eat healthy and exercise regularly to lose weight.

http://www.sheffafoods.com/blog/sheffalife/eat-real-food/
    fiona868

Answer by fiona868 at 8:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2013