jeckyl and hyde baby

so everytime i have a family member babysit for me as soon as i go to pick the kids up they get really whiney and start throwing fits and stuff (which is normal behavior unfortunately, the oldest is two lol) but whoever is babysitting is always like what? you didnt whine one single time or throw one fit the whole time i had you! they all insist that the kids are perfect angels until mommy and daddy get back. what?? why do they act different for everyone else?!

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 11:08 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Thats just how kids are..They are so much more comfortable with mommy and daddy...I have nine nieces and nephews and when I babysit them they all act completely different for me then what they do with their parents..My lil one does the same to me as well..
    Anonymous

• They do that because they are more comfortable with you, and feel that they can let down their guard and be themselves with you. It's actually a compliment. It's a sign of a great emotional bond.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:44 PM on May. 23, 2010

• My son is the very same way!! He stays the night with his nana and papa every weekend either on friday or saturday and he is a PERFECT angel there...but they visit him everyday at my home and they get to see how he really acts on a normal occassion which is through himself in the floor screaming and crying if he doesn't get his way or is told no. He is like night and day when he is with me (the bad) or his grandparents (the angel! lol) I guess its a normal thing...
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:23 AM on May. 24, 2010