Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abusive youth group leader needs to loose his job..How do I make that happen?

I live in a rural area and there is a youth group for high school aged kids that gives them a heads up with their future and keeps them out of trouble.
Last year my 18 yr. old was in this group and was an asst. to the leader. He was good to her and sometimes would blow up during a meeting but never anything harsh. She is out o f the group and now my 17 yr old is in the group.
The leader picks on her and belittles her, tells her that her and her sister are whores and no good.
I told my daughter that he does this one more time she is out of the group...Their dad is an ass but we are divorced. There is no contact between him and the girls.
This leader can sweet talk himself out of any trouble and when confronted by his boss he talks and dances his way out of things and continues to be an abusive leader.
He needs to loose his job...How do I make it happen? So I can save the self esteem of all these girls.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on May. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • The whole scenario sounds a little strange to me but txdaniella is right. You need proof girl. Get the videocamera out and see what's going on over there. I find it hard to believe that the whole group didn't walk out the minute he said that. They need your help.

    Answer by Blabbermouth at 11:42 PM on May. 23, 2010

  • Seriously can you hide and watch the meeting going on? And catch him saying something like this? Then you could go to his superiors. I'd even go as far as to record it. I know you believe your daughter, but proof would be undeniable.

    Answer by txdaniella at 11:32 PM on May. 23, 2010

  • I agree with the above. I would try and get recording of it..Which I believe in some states isnt legal unless they know you are recording them, but screw that if he is being like this I would do whatever it took to get rid of him....

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on May. 23, 2010

  • In my state it is illegal to record a person without their knowing about it

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on May. 23, 2010

  • well i think that if it were my child and he called anyone of my children a whore or any other name that he wouldnt have to worry about losing his job because i would have busted his face! and theres no way of sweet talking his way out of that when you storm the meeting with your child and you handle confront that asshole and his boss is wondering why someones parent is that upset. merely sitting back and waiting for it to happen again just isnt enough for me, the first complaint i heard like that would have ended in a meeting between me, the leader, the child involved, and their superior!

    Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:48 PM on May. 23, 2010

  • If it is illegal to record you can at least have her call you and leave her phone on while she is there and that way YOU at least have a first hand account and can contact the church to let them know you heard it personally. If you make a good case, the other girls will come forward.

    Answer by jenellemarie at 1:16 AM on May. 24, 2010

  • Get your child a cell phone w/a camera/video camera and have them just quietly turn tthe video camera on while the phone is face down on their knee. Record this abuse. OR, have hre call you and leave the phone in her lap so that you can hear it and have 1st hand knowledge.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on May. 24, 2010

  • i would get something recorded

    Answer by sati769leigh at 3:30 AM on May. 24, 2010