I'm trying to self induce labor. Is it ok to tryCastrol oil..?

Sex is not working. Has any one had luck with Casiol oil? I have started to dialoate and I'm having irregural contractions for the past 3 days. I'm so uncomfortable, I just want baby out, saftly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Castor oil will just give you the shits. Your body is working on getting you ready. I know it's not pleasant, but it means that you're in the beginning stages of labor, so you're already getting there. Just let your body do its thing. Take a walk and a warm shower.
    Anonymous

• ewww. i really do not recomend you do.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:39 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Are you having sex with him ejaculating inside you? That's what helped me..I went into labor the very next day. Castor Oil is nasty. GL
    Anonymous

• walk, walk, and walk!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:50 PM on May. 23, 2010

• ***More inforation about question above***
    I have walked and walked and walked!! one day I did up to 3 miles and I was hitting the hills and pushing my self in a fast paste, I had braxtion hicks and a back ache. Yes, I'm doing the sperm thing. I just don't get it because I have some many friends that swear by castrol oil and then I hear other women say not to. I want to ask my doctor but I dont see her for anothe 2 weeks. Stupid army doctors, so I can not call because their are different doctors on rotation. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I wouldnt recommend drinkin CO....I would walk as much as you could. I know its very uncomfortable..I was the same way onlly I didnt realize I was in labour until my water finally broke....lol...good luck sweetie and these things just have to take their own coarse...I wish you the best of luck...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on May. 24, 2010

• You can try eating something a little spicy sometimes that helps as well...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on May. 24, 2010

• It doesnt work! It will just give you diarrhea....
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:32 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I sure as heck hope you're not seriously considering CASTROL oil - that's the stuff you put in cars! Castor oil is just about as bad - it can be very dangerous, as it gives you the wicked shits, which dehydrates you and can hurt baby. Ack. If baby's not coming, baby's obviously not ready. Take a few spelling lessons while you're waiting hun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Castor oil is definitely a no-no. It doesn't have a high effectiveness rating, but it will give you diarrhea if you manage to keep it down. Any contractions you have are NOT real labor (since real labor is only initiated by baby) but as a result of the intestinal movements and dehydration. There is a higher rate of meconium with castor oil.

At the end of the day, you need to have faith that your baby and body know what they are doing. If baby initiates labor, and you both are healthy, it's the best thing you can do to wait it out.

Try taking a warm bath and relaxing. Get a massage. Take a bunch of naps. Do everything you can to get comfortable, mama, and let baby pick his or her birthday.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 2:24 AM on May. 24, 2010