This is asked a lot, I'm sure, but how long after conceiving did it take for you to get a BFP?

With my daughter, I was almost a month along before I got a positive test. Is that normal? I got pregnant around the 10th of January that year and got a positive test on like February 7th. I'm asking because I just took a test yesterday because my period was really light (very unusual for me) and I've had all the "symptoms" I had with my daughter, but it's now been about a week and a half since my period and the test was negative. I took one a couple of days before that and couldn't read it because the pink was streaked all down the test result area and couldn't even see the single line that's supposed to be there.
Anyway, I was just wondering how common it is to not get a BFP for 3 weeks or more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That happed with me. I knew I was pregnaunt but my home test was negative. That week I ended up having to go to the hospital (unrealated) and I told them I thought I was, so they re tested and it was still negative. That was the 1st of Oct. So I waited a week bought a different brand and yep I was right! Sometimes it just takes a while for the hormon levels to quilify for a possative I'm guessing. It took 4 days after my first day of missed period and my cycle is 31 days apart.
    MissKendraHall

Answer by MissKendraHall at 11:41 PM on May. 23, 2010

• i didnt get a positive hpt or blood work to be positive with my son until i was 7 1/2 months long finally it said positive i knew all along but had my doubts lol i didnt start showing until i found out either
    this pregnancy i had a positive at 4 weeks pregnant

with the 1st pregnancy i probably bought over 50 hpt and went to 3 different doctors one doctor even told me i was going threw the change hahahaha i was 20
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 12:18 AM on May. 24, 2010

• You tested pretty early... it's totally normal for it not to show then. Mine showed 2 weeks after conception, but certainly not everyone's does. If you had a defective test, though, I'd get a new test. And honestly, I think most people who get their periods, even lighter ones than usual, end up not being pregnant. I think the implantation bleeding thing is something people blow way out of proportion when they see that dreaded blood while ttc.
    Anonymous