Rape/molestation dreams

Is it normal to have dreams of being raped by a family member? It's a recurrent dream I've had, and now I have nightmares about my son being molested and I try to protect him from who I think it is and I just never can. These nightmares kill me inside, I cannot stand to think of someone hurting my son! He is healthy and happy, do you think that there is something I possibly don't remember from my childhood or is this a more common nightmare than I think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Health

• to be honest i have those dreams too sometimes and i wake up wanting to hold my kids and make sure that they are right next to me and i don't ever want to let them go. i think as a parent we tend to always expect the worst and want to prepare for it and just thinking about it leads us to dream about it. I hate it too mommy, but how can we change it? we just need to know that we are good mothers for being scared for our children. If we didn't give a.. than there's a problem
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:39 PM on May. 23, 2010

• Doubtful that it's repressed memories. I have nightmares (vivid ones) about my daughter being violently murdered in her bed by a stranger breaking into our house. It's our over active imaginations that do this to us.
    Anonymous

• "Rapes are metaphors for helplessness "(I just read that in a dream translator dictionary)

Answer by admckenzie at 11:59 PM on May. 23, 2010

• To dream that you have been raped, indicates vengeful feelings toward the opposite sex. You are feeling violated in some way or being taken advantage of. Something or someone is jeopardizing your self-esteem and emotional well-being. You feel that someone or something is being forced upon you. Dreams of rape are also common for those who were actually raped in their waking life.

To see a rape being committed in your dream, denotes sexual dysfunction or uncertainty.

Taken from www.dreammoods.com
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:06 AM on May. 24, 2010