Does the description in the details mean I can keep my baby in her car seat even after one?(this is a infant car seat)

Right now she is 10 mths and 13 pounds so I don't see her being 22 lbs or more at age 1. She is also only 19 inches, so I don'[t see her being 29 inches or more at age 1 either.

Description

Top rated by leading consumer magazines and publications, our original Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seat has been thoughtfully constructed and rigorously tested for safety to help keep your baby secure from that very first ride home. Our SnugRide helps protect baby in a 5-point harness from 5-22 lbs and up to 29 inches.

Features

* Manufacturer Suggested Age: Newborn and Up
* Material: Plastic, Metal
* Care and Cleaning: Wipe Clean With a Damp Cloth
* Minimum Weight Supported: 5.0 Lb.
* Maximum Weight Capacity: 22.0 Lb.
* Safety and Security Features: LATCH Equipped Car Seat
* Dimensions: Height: 24.16 "; Width: 17.2 "; Depth: 26.72 "
* Product Weight: 5.4 Lb.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on May. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as she is under both limits you are good. :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:48 AM on May. 24, 2010

• YES! By all means, she can stay in that seat regardless of age, until she hits that weight limit. It's safest to rear face past one anyway.
    Anonymous

• If your child has not reached the weight limit on the carseat then yes they can stay in that seat..Its always the safest to keep them rear facing for as long as you wish. People overseas in some areas keep their children rear facing for a really long time...
    Anonymous

• yes! If she meets the height/weight requirements and the straps fit her correctly, just cross her legs and keep her rear facing as long as possible. I bought booster seats for my daughter's 3rd birthday, and after watching a carseat safety video at our fire station, she's back in the front facing carseat until she's too big to ride in it.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 1:49 AM on May. 24, 2010

• She can ride in the infant seat as long as she's under the weight limit, and has at least one inch of hard shell above her head.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:17 PM on May. 24, 2010

• She can ride in the infant seat as long as she's under the weight limit, and has at least one inch of hard shell above her head. And as long as the slots/straps are at or BELOW her shoulders.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:18 PM on May. 24, 2010