I have a main coon cat...meows all the time...

She is not hurt
Not in pain
Not in heat
just walks around meowing at us like she is talking but we don't know what she is saying.
I know she wants outside...We do not let her out because she will start fights with other cats.
Sometimes she is so annoying that I want to get a shock collar so she learns to not meow so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Pets

• Our cat does the same thing.. I've never had a cat that meows as much as he does.. Over everything and yes it drives us mad to the point that we may get rid of him and find a better home for him.. He does it at the wrong times too, just when I get our son and daughter to sleep and he's so loud that it wakes them up.. He wakes me up too.. We're going through the same thing here and we love animals but it's just weird that he's so vocal and ALL THE TIME..
    Anonymous

• Wow, a shock collar? really? "Give the kid a good whap, that'll shut 'em up!" <---that's exactly what you're saying about your cat. If it bothers you THAT much either let her outside or find another good home that may be better suited.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 12:19 AM on May. 24, 2010

• well not that I would actually do that....sheesh can't a person be fed up with a meowing cat? I was just wondering if this is how this type of cat acts! and no i will not let her out so she can attack another cat then I am held responsable for the vet bills of both cats...
    indoors she is gentle just meows like a baby with colic...it gets old...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on May. 24, 2010